on 8 October 2009
Analogue TV reception especially Channel 5 was always dodgy but all seemed OK with Freeview then that went pear-shaped on 3 TVs which were connected to the main TV aerial cable via a splitter.
Bought this and all is now well so would say it does exactly what it says on the tin.
NB It is a powered unit so make sure you have mains power socket available.
on 19 August 2013
Does the job exactly as it says and the reception to all tvs is excellent. I have used it for three number tvs in various siyuations

Yorkie
on 7 December 2017
Excellent picture on all TV,s
on 17 August 2014
Excellent signal good product super price
on 18 September 2017
It's good
on 5 June 2009
This was a great item. From the tv that kept freezing to the great picture now. Easy to fit and did all four tele's in one go. Recommend.
on 8 October 2011
A one in two out piece of kit, and found it to be excellent as a line splitter / signal booster. So six years later and with that unit still going strong, and with our area finally going digital. I decided to also hook up my main TV which has been Freesat Humax HD PVR box fed, to the digital terrestrial feed as well as the two other TV's in the house. And again this four port unit is working as flawlessly as the two port unit did..... Buy with confidence.
on 25 October 2013
I'd been having trouble with my Huawei Youview box from Talktalk. Although I live in a strong-signal area, the pathetic tuners on the box were not sensitive enough on the HD channels, and some SD channels couldn't be received properly as the box was tuning in to the wrong transmitter. Unfortunately, the user cannot do anything so simple as select which broadcasts to receive if there's more than one transmitter in your area.

I feed my TV devices using a 4-way splitter/amplifier and simply daisy-chained the Philex to it, et voilà! No more reception issues. The booster adds about ten percentage points to the signal strength, which is enough to tip the balance in favour of good reception.
VINE VOICEon 13 March 2010
I needed to provide a feed to the TV and to two USB tuners in the Home Theatre PC. Freeview signals often don't survive passive splitters, so this did the job fine and I'm an area which is marginal for Freeview. Note that all connections on this unit are female sockets.
on 16 September 2011
Having read mixed reviews from people who either found it made a difference or didn't I was a little unsure about this, However, mixed reviews seem to be the case with every device of this type.

I brought this because be PC tuner was only picking up half the Freeview multiplexes and the ones it did get only reported about 20% signal strength. After installing it I found I was now able to get the main BBC Channels, but still no ITV/Channel 4. Of the channels that I had before the signal strength had increased to 30%.

However, not wanting to give up just yet I relocated the box away from any power cables and replaced the rather old co-axel cable feeding it from the wall and again routed this away from any power cables. This got my signal strength up to 35% on the SDN Multiplex, however, more importantly it also got me the 3&4 multiplex at 20% signal strength which is just enough to get ITV and Channel 4 working.

So if at first it doesn't work, it's worth spending an extra couple of quid on new RF cables and taking a few moments thinking about where you place it.
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse