on 12 November 2010
This starts like many run-of-the-mill Hollywood "Biopics" with biographical facts treated extremely freely. However, when the film reaches the author's involvement with the Dreyfus affair it becomes absolutely riveting; the courtroom scenes in particular are carried through splendidly.
No wonder at all that this film was nominated the best picture of 1937; for my money it knocks the contributions of many other years of filming into a cocked hat, too.
There are a few slight imperfections in the prints used for this issue but this is not unexpected for a film of this age and they didn't detract at all from the enjoyment I had from watching this picture.
It seems that the American NTSC issue of this film carries a few extras; this Region 2 disc has none.
on 21 March 2012
I was very cautious of buying imported DVD's but this is good quality and the sound is very good also, supplier provided super fast delivery.
on 10 December 2011
totally as described , arrived prompt , made my wife very happy as it was to be included in her birthday presents
on 9 November 2014