on 20 September 2010
I bought this headset because I wanted a compact, portable headset to tote around with me when I'm travelling and working on the road. Good sound quality and they work perfectly with Skype. Do bear in mind these are dual plug, but that's exactly what I needed. All on all, really pleased. 196104: Logitech Notebook Portable Headset H165 (981-000182)
on 21 April 2010
If you are looking for value for money, this earphones will do. I use them to make internet calls and they are just ideal for that purpose. The item comes with a case that allows for portability. The mic has got a functional mute button and the sound production also make them good for listening to music. However, they might look black in the picture but they are actually dark brown earphones. If you don't mind the colour, they are absolutely fine. Lastly, the packaging comes with varying sizes of rubber earplugs you can use with the earphones.
on 15 June 2010
this is my second pair. i rate these really highly - they're relatively cheap but highly effective especially when travelling as you can have conversations over skype and the such and the background noise is just drowned out....providing you remember to plug the microphone in anyway.

the connection near the jack is not encased in rubber like most headphones therefore the cable inside is prone to breaking hence why im on my second pair - but the first pair does work if your prepared to wiggle it about a little.
on 30 November 2009
A good quality portable headset that is easy to carry around for use with a laptop/netbook or smart phone. I found the call quality on Skype pretty good from my side and no complaints from the other side.

Good value for money from Logitech & Amazon and with no need to carry a separate set of headphones for listening to a music player such as an iPod.
Only downside is that a USB to headphone & microphone jack is not included as many new pc's/laptops are starting too no longer include them,
on 11 November 2010
Logitech Portable Headset H165 - 981-000182
I travel a lot so small and light is good. I carry a netbook and needed a portable light headset to use in internet cafes where I can Skype without disturbing others. For my requirements this is ideal. It works perfectly and I can talk softly when making a call. It comes with a small hard plastic case,about 8x6x2.5 cm and complete with headset weighs about 40 gram. Following the instructions for winding up and inserting in case - the wires have so far not been tangled up once when taken out. There is a simple cable mounted socket to insert the microphone plug to get it out of the way if using device as earphones only. For my purpose I couldn't ask for better.
on 17 September 2012
I'm using these for xbox 360 chat and they work well. Cheap and reliable, they aren't actually too bad for listening to music too. For music they need a little burning in (it takes a little time before the earphones sound as they should due to being new) as most headphones do, but for the price are great. They seem robust too. Don't buy cheap chinese copies before buying these.

UPDATE 8 MONTHS ON***

Woah. For a long time these headphones made music sound a little in the background which given the price I was happy to put up with. Now, remember I said they need a little burning in? Well 8 months on and they are still improving. It doesn't make sense to me but 8 months in and these are WAY better than they were when new. Especially given the price. I would now say that these are an absolute bargain.
They are of course never going to match a decent set of over the ear headphones but, really, these are very good indeed.
on 23 February 2011
I got it today and it looks great. The box will be handy for transport. I've tested it out with Skype and it works perfectly. Phones good and mic good. If I had to criticise it I'd say the box could be a bit bigger as it just squeezes in.
on 23 June 2011
I bought these as we are increasing the volume of online voice communications at work (Skype, LiveMeeting, Instant Messenger etc) and this worked a treat. Does the job at minimising background noise, keeps the conversation private (using the simple speakers in your laptop is never good for confidentiality!!) and rolls up to fit in the case which is about the size of a box of mints. So many headsets are impractical especially in terms of portability however this one simply goes in your laptop bag and off you go. All in all, 12quid id spend again if i needed to.
on 6 February 2012
I actually bought this primarily to use as handsfree for my phone, rather than for my pc. Maybe not specifically designed for this used as I have have had a couple of issues with using it for this purpose. Main issue is that when I am calling someone, I have to 'unplug' then 'replug' the headphones when ringing for it to actually connect with the phone. Strange.

I've also had a couple of complaints of poor sound quality from people on the other end, but hard to say whether that was due to the headphones.

On the whole the whole though, the product does the job!
on 18 February 2011
196104: Logitech Notebook Portable Headset H165 (981-000182)
The microphone does not capture sound well enough to be used eg in VoIP.