Customer reviews

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change
Price:£12.00+ £3.99 shipping

on 21 October 2009
I bought this game back in August just after busying my new DSi as a starter game to build my collection. I was expecting something a long the lines of problem solving and murder mystery (as the name implies). What I got was a point and click 'find the objects on the list' game with endless scenarios all in the same vein. I ignored the corny story and jumped into games which became too easy after a while given their repetitive formula. Clicking on the sun image hidden in each scenario gives you extra time or clues to finding the objects and I accumulated these in such abundance to the point where I could finish a particularly difficult scenario well within the time slot. These games are pastimes, like wordsearch, and are not particularly challenging. Anyone who enjoys a little game to pass the time, is convalescing, or is travelling may find these entertaining or a good way to keep their kids happy and they can be replayed without losing much of their novelty. However, be warned that the title is a little misleading. There are no mysteries!
on 21 January 2011
i am enjoying the game but if i'd known what it was like then i wouldn't have bought it. the sound clues are awful, some of the picture clues are hard to see but the most annoying thing is that you can click on an item several times but it's not recognised. then when you finally take a hint you find that its the item you have been trying to click on.
the games are very simple, too simple really and i'm going through it really fast
on 6 June 2009
I played Nintendo's "Mystery Case Files" before and I must say: That one is good as well. Like the different game modes and the big number of levels (180). The graphics are good, music is okay.
on 14 September 2009
I bought this game to keep me DS-ing while I waited for the next "Professor Layton" game to come out later this month. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the aforementioned professor and the Curious Village Professor Layton and The Curious Village (Nintendo DS) , but I found that the appeal of this game quickly waned. I got as far as Berlin, expecting this to mean a whole new chapter of entertainment, but it's just more of the same. Roll on September 25th and Padora's Box.....Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)

Having said that, once you are playing this game (and I haven't bothered in a couple of weeks, which says something), it is addictive in the sense that you think "I'll just play one more picture...", so it does have its merits. Hence the 3 stars.
on 30 July 2009
I recently got Mystery Stories and would tend to agree with some of the comments made by other players in that after a while it gets tedious trying to find objects which do not appear to have any bearing on the 'stories'. Having said that however, I did find it hard to put down as I wanted to get to the next levels, and as you progress through these, objects are quite challenging to find. However, you can use the Hints to help you. The two versions on the Game make it quite fun in that you can continue with the adventure or unlock other games to search for objects.
The downside of this game is that once you have completed all the 'adventures' and there are loads of levels - that is it! It is good while it lasts that is my view. Overall, it is a good game and it is compelling to do.
on 21 April 2010
I have finally completed this game, it lasts a very long time, with over 100 levels!

I don't think that it's a game that i could pick up and play til the end, it would get far too boring. I did this a few hours at a time and it lasted me a good while, it was the perfect game to play if i was bored and only wanted a little fix.

Although i did say to myself quite often, "Oh, i'll just do the next level..." then it goes on and on til you've done a lot more than you planned.

I love hidden object games. First one was millionheir.

In Mystery Stories, i love that you have to find some objects by their sound and what they look like, rather than just the list of words.

Overall, great game. Very enjoyable and lasts a very good while.
on 6 June 2009
If you enjoy hidden object games then this game is for you.It has a different look on items not just words but shadows and sounds of items that you have to find.I wish there was more games like this for the ds.
on 29 July 2009
If your looking for a puzzle game that is not too difficult, then this is for you. You have to find specific objects on each screen, some of which are very well hidden, but you do have to be observant as you revisit locations looking for other objects. As each task is timed, it does help to remember where things are to save time. Have completed the game in both relaxed (longer time given per screen) and normal mode, so will probably put away for a while and then play again to see how much I can remember. Would definately recommend to family and friends, will let me 6 year old son have a go too.
on 16 November 2010
Unfortunately this has to be one of the most boring games I have ever played! I was very disappointed with it and found it a waste of money. The game is very dull as every level is the effectively the same thing making the game very dull. Basically you are given a list of say 15 items or so and you've to find them and click on them. That's it! I wish I was lieing but I'm not! I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. I enjoy puzzles and thought this game sounded good - a mystery game - but no, it was rubbish to be honest. It could have been so much better!
on 7 August 2009
great game for people that like to go on the hunt for things and really addictive.