on 14 October 2010
A small, portable take on the Simon Says electronic game. Easy to use and gives you two attempts to remember the sequence. Great little stocking filler for Christmas and small enough to clip onto a belt or pencil case.

I bought this and a few other bits and pieces for my son when he started his new school. Bless him, he didn't know a soul and this made break & lunch times a bit easier to bear. Helped him make a few friends too as others wanted a go.
44 Comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 October 2011
Nano Challenge is an attractive looking gadget that I bought from Amazon after seeing it in a gift catalogue. I've been playing it for a few days now - it is very playable and my hope is that my memory is being 'excercised' whilst playing! It looks attractive, the buttons have a pleasant positive pressing action and the ability to switch the sound on or off is useful, as I can imagine it could get annoying for anyone else in the room. The sound effects are proper synthesised sounds and whistles, not just plain 'beeps'.

My only niggle is that if you play it in the pitch dark, the coloured buttons do not actually glow the colour they appear in normal light. The blue, dark green and light green buttons all glow the exact same green colour and both the red and purple buttons glow the same red colour. This means that if you're trying to remember the sequence in your mind by mentally 'saying' the colours in order, or using the colours to help you play, it's impossible to do so in the dark!

It comes with a keyring, but I removed this with some pliers - whilst the game itself is not massive (6.cm long, 4.5cm wide and 2cm deep) in my opinion the unit would be too large to feasibly add to a bunch of keys.

An excellent stocking filler, and a great alternative to more expensive games such as the Nintendo DS if you're going away or are worried about losing/damaging them.
on 17 March 2017
Bought for my dad but all family are playing with it. We all love it! It is one of those great toys from way before smartphones. Brings out a child in everyone. Even in children.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 October 2011
We bought this as a gift for my sons friend. When it arrived my 9yr old thought it was "awesome" and wanted one for himself. Looks like I may be purchasing another as a stocking filler!
on 12 January 2011
This is a very portable memory game suitable for all ages. The sequence of lights to follow gets progressively longer as you succeed in correctly following the pattern. Very good for keeping older brains active too. My 10 year old really likes it.
on 5 December 2010
Bought for both my boys... They love their DS's for travelling but this little gadget it awesome... Takes me back to the old fashioned simon says game... Arrhhh the good old days... Quick delivery and fun for kids..
on 2 January 2012
I was instructed t make this purchase as an aid to developing my 8 yr old girls short term memory..... then she forgot where she had put it and it now remains lost...

She liked it - it worked well - not brilliant - but would buy again.... and may have to
on 12 September 2011
Bought this item for my little niece to help her short term memory, it's great it works. Thank a lot****
on 1 November 2012
This toy would be a good buy apart from the fact that the quality to begin with is beyond cheap! We've seen better quality products in poundland!
Aside from that, the seller who sold it to us sent it with SCRATCHS all over and the mute button on the side not even working. NO QUALITY checks undertaken before sending the product out. THIS PURCHASE WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!
Oh, one good thing was the delivery time. In the sellers eagerness to get this dodgy stock off their hands...it came less than 2 days after ordering!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 February 2014
A very small toy, easy to carry around. Kids love it, it is very entertaining and not difficult at all. Great to have when travelling for several hours.

See one answered question