Customer reviews

Format: Wireless Phone Accessory|Change

on 3 October 2016
Love it! Brilliant for keeping track of my runs, bike rides and HR. I don't think it't great at tracking the swimming though so don't trust it's distances for my swims at all. Doesn't track swimming indoors which the newer version does. Would advise paying the extra to get the up to date watch but as a first garmin/entry level watch for triathlon if you want to keep the costs down a bit.
on 1 February 2017
I bought this in Jan 2017 for my trail runs, cycling and maybe summer swimming. I'm very happy with it even knowing it's a product with 7/8 years. Wouldn't think twice again between this and the still very expensive 910xt and 920xt.
on 2 September 2017
Fails to even search for a satellite signal sometimes. Therefore you can't use the watch as you just have the Garmin logo on the screen and it refuses to do anything else. Slow to recognise new locations when it is working. Heartrate monitor and calorie counter as variable as all the makes of running watches. I just want a reliable GPS watch. Two of my last three runs I have been unable to record because the watch does not get past the Garmin logo. The logo page lists the software as copyrighted in 2008. Probably the 10 year old operating system is largely to blame.
on 17 July 2017
Great device but Ant+ connectivity was totally unreliable so that I ended up losing activities-Ant+ dongle either not physically connecting to USB ports properly, not being recognised by Windows, or both. As I reported the problem after 18 months, Garmin won't help and insist I buy a new dongle. I will use my phone or my older, physically-connected Garmin. Don't waste your money on this unit.
on 7 January 2015
It's absolutely bloody marvellous. GPs 10out of 10, heart rate monitor great. All functions work perfectly. The buttons are easy to find with clear uses. The instructions are clear and concise. Garmin connect track progress and makes it easily available. Great all round product that I would recommend to anyone wanting a spot tracking watch that is water resistant with different modes.
on 28 November 2015
Awesome. Been using since May 2014. No issues whatsoever. Bought extra bits for my bike and they all work together well. It's a little bit chunky compared to the new models, but it's all quality.
on 18 September 2017
great watch. easy to read. good autonomy. the charger is a bit of a shame as the plug is one of its kind and you have to have the Garmin one otherwise you can't recharge
on 28 December 2012
Purchased this as a present. Four months of use for running, the Forerunner stopped functioning. A call to Garmin later (a bit of a wait) and they simply arranged an exchange for a new item. Very impressive from Garmin's Southampton offices. The replacement arrived within a week.
on 23 April 2017
Great piece of kit, using it for endurance horse riding with heart rate monitor.

Only real draw back is that we can track the rider from an app during the event unless someone know how.

Still like it though
on 23 July 2017
Great product when it works. I've just had to buy another one to replace exact same one I bought September 2014 as that stopped working. I hope I get more than 2 years use out of the replacement!