on 24 September 2014
Great value and a huge amount of features, particularly when combined with the HRM. The battery life is great and I like the ability to set up virtual partners, buzzing for mile intervals and backlight durations.
The only real thing stopping five stars for me is that it is a little large, but you do not notice it at all when running. It can also take a while to lock onto satellites, but most seem to suffer with this. Overall, I am very happy with it and would recommend.
on 11 January 2014
this Garmin sports watch is brilliant so easy to use and the information it can store and tell you about your running is fantastic it is also very quick in picking up satellite signals and doesn't lose it even under trees or in cloudy weather I would highly recommend it if your thinking on getting a sports watch for running or even triathlon. It also connects to your pc no need for a lead it will connect wireless once you are in range of your pc it will down load automatically.
on 16 May 2013
I purchased the 310XT after the battery failed on my ageing 305. It is far superior. Easier to use. The menu is intuitive and easy to set up. Satellite reception is picked within two minutes even with cloud cover and often within seconds. The ANT device which allows wireless data transfer works well and so much better than having to use the 305 base unit. The 310XT addresses all that was wrong with the 305 and its waterproof. I wish I had not waited so long to purchase.
on 24 June 2014
But if you have an IPhone do you really need it ? as my IPhone can now with all the apps available do everything the Garmin does and then some, the only advantage the Garmin has is that it is slightly more portable but with that portability comes a very small screen, but if you don't like iPhones or smart phones in general or worry about losing or breaking them this will do everything you need it to very well indeed whilst being pretty much bomb proof into the bargain
on 23 October 2012
Got this a few weeks ago as I moved into Ultras and my 410 didn't have the battery life. It's so easy to use and doesn't have the annoying bezel. If I had to criticise in any way on the 410 the battery level is shown in % while this is shown as a little battery with diagonal lines inside to indicate remaining power. I learned to know with % how far I could get with the remaining charge, only time will tell If I can do the same with little lines to guide me
on 11 March 2015
Have only used 4 or 5 times due to recent injury but can already say that it is a joy to benefit from a nice big display that splits into 4 subscreens providing a wealth of information about my run. Bips loud enough so I can hear it despite traffic noises and vibrates efficiently too. That's some progress compared to my old Polar RS300X. Should be useful when I resume interval training in the spring. Data transfer to my laptop a doddle. So far so good.
on 6 February 2014
Running is so much more fun with a GPS watch.

I've had no problems with this watch, it works great and I upload all my runs to Strava and it's really cool to see my run on there; I had a little problem installing the ANT+ USB device on my Windows 64bit laptop (so the watch can send GPS data to your computer) but I solved the problem by going to the ANT website (not garmin) and downloading their drivers, then everything worked fine.
on 10 June 2015
When it works it's a fantastic piece of kit though sadly in the past few months I have had nothing but problems transferring data, having to constantly uninstall and reinstall Garmin Express/Connect. To add insult, the watch is now shutting down when I try to transfer data and when I switch it back on it's detecting a HR monitor, even though I'm not wearing one. Think it's time to return this little baby and opt for something more reliable.
on 26 March 2014
This was about in 2009 and still available NOW. Why because it does what it should. The battery life is superior to ALL the new Garmin fancy watches out today. Only thing is the Garmin software and support. Garmin Express is pants. The watch its self is brilliant. ran for over six hours and still over 60% battery life. Check out Garmin and compare battery life 6- 8 hours, that's new with the new watches out today, after a year or two this drops to 4 hours, 310xt 20 hours battery life new!
Yes I would recommend this watch for long distance/ultra runners etc. But for the novice runners its very bulky and you don't need a battery life of 20 hours. At this price get it before they are gone
on 22 May 2016
As always Garmin quality cant be faulted and this has custom fit screens and waterproof as well, only fault I have had was the heart rate strap failing which was replaced by Garmin under the warenty but seems to be a problem with the soft strap which costs more than the hard one. have heard a Polar one can be used to replace the Garmin one for much cheaper than the Garmin one if out of warenty and just using the Garmin clip on monitor unit.