Customer reviews

Bosch 2609255462 Masonry Drill Bit Set, 8 Pieces
Size: 8 Piece|Change

on 23 November 2015
Fed up with cheap masonry drills from china that last about five minutes, or paying £5 per branded drill down at my local DIY, I decided to try these
and I'm glad I did. They go through brick like a knife through butter and are still sharp after a week of fitting wallplugs and drilling through brick for various jobs.

To sum up top quality drills in a range of sizes, a useful box to keep them in all for the price of a couple of branded drills from the local DIY. If you need a set of masonry drills then buy these.
on 3 March 2017
The main one I use is the 7mm and the tip is now missing after only a few uses. A local tool merchant said that it`s the first time he`d seen a drill bit do this. Don`t buy sets of drill bits if you want them to last. If you want them to last leave them in the box. Then they will last forever.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2012
Excellent German quality product from Bosche - I was fed up with cheap masonary drills which don't last 5 minutes but these are much better.
on 22 May 2016
Bought this set last November just used it for the first time, as soon as the 7mm touched the brick the tip melted !!
It's a sorry state of affairs when you buy a brand you trust, and still end up with cheap Chinese crap
review image
on 3 August 2015
Bought to replace a fairly entry-level set of drill bits that came with my drill, which struggled to penetrate the brick in my garage. These Bosch ones faired much better, no complaints at all and haven't shown any signs of wear after quite a few uses. I'm not a constant DIYer so these are bound to last me a while.
on 8 May 2017
Poor quality.

The smaller drills aren't even straight.

Don't bother buying these. Buy good quality individual drill bits in the size(s) you actually need.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2015
My first set of these lasted 4 years so I have purchased another. They were well used, not on a daily basis but more than a few times and that included drilling into a concrete lintel. I tried replacing the number 6 and 8 with another brand from a local DIY store and they were not as good. At under £1 per drill bit how can you go wrong.
on 24 November 2014
It is worth paying for decent drill bits. My last set was a cheapo set that I picked up in a DIY store and it was fine for most walls - but once I tried to drill into the brick chimney breast it just didn't go in at all.

These ones worked great. Went through 100 year old brick like a hot knife through butter.
on 26 November 2016
Arrived the day after ordering,however there is 1 drill price missing ..I have just kept them as would have to pay for return putting price up..dissapointed
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2014
Coming in a handy case these 8 pieces have proved more than durable as I put up shelves, coat racks etc. in my new homes. I have mainly used the 5 or 6mm drill bits so far, and I have drilled multiple holes into exterior brick walls and and they're still holding up strong.

I would recommend these for any DIYer as you work on refurbing your home.