Customer reviews

Size: Sans|Change

on 15 March 2017
This is a quality item, no mistake there. However, it has a couple of serious flaws that the much cheaper rivals do not. Hear me out!
Firstly, you will not be able to use this with your camera straight away. Every other cheap chest mount on Amazon, including the Amazon one, comes with a J hook. This one does not. That means that you cannot wear it with your camera pointed forward, only to the sky or the floor. Useless for most people. I had to buy a J hook separately to be able to use this on my motorbike. For the price, this is outrageous. Go Pro need to start selling this with the parts to use it properly - just like all the cheap brands already do!

Second flaw is that the camera cannot be centred. It wears over the left side of your chest, and the broader you are, the further off centre it will be. This is because of the buckle design. Its one advantage over other models is that you can unbuckle it and open up a jacket zip. But for me, the camera being off centre is a real pain, and makes all your footage look wonky. Honestly, this will not be used and I will stick with a cheap one that came with 20 other accessories for £9.99.
on 6 December 2011
This is an excellent product from GoPro. It's easy to get adjusted for a good fit, and it's very secure. I used wile out at sea on a PWC, and it didn't move! It's pretty easy to get the camera facing where you want it to. The actual mount point is the same as the adhesive mounts available for the GoPro cameras. It comes supplied with the J-shaped buckle, but you can also use the standard flat buckles if required.

Not sure whether it is just because this is a new mount, but the nut and bolt seemed to be fairly well secured in their various holders, making it a simple task to attache the camera to the equipped buckle.
on 29 March 2017
So I bought this to go along with my new Hero5 Black for when I was skiing.

I also own the karma grip gimbal stabiliser so I had the ability to check the quality of footage from both.

I used the chest strap initially and the footage is pretty good. The only issue is that the camera will not angle back towards you very much. So if leaning forward, whilst skiing for example, you get a lot of ground in the shot.

I also had a rucksack mount for attaching the karma grip which gives good stability and footage, but it's a delicate thing and extreme sports such as skiing can put the grip in peril of being damaged so I'd probably use the chest strap in future for skiing and leave the gimbal at home.

I'd recommend this for activities where your torso is fairly upright, unless you like (or want) the ground in your shot.

Note: The image shows the camera inverted, I must say I have not tried this yet. Not sure if it gives inverted video or corrects itself like an iPhone. One to test out I think!
on 16 May 2016
This is my favorite mount!

The chesty is very well made and comfortable to wear.

The chest mount gives a very immersive point of view experience - especially in 1440p

The perspective is very similar to a video game - you get a great point of view and see what you are doing as hands and feet appear in the video - so far I have used this for cycling and walking and it provide a great record of what you do and how you do it.

The mount can also be very discreet - especially of worn under an over shirt or jacket - while the gopro is quite visible it isn't in your face. I plan on using this extensively when travelling to capture the world as I pass through it, while also leaving my hands free for my main camera.
on 3 August 2016
Adjusts to fit a 52in chest with bike jacket. Very solid and well made kit. Worth the extra.
on 16 July 2012
As with all Go Pro equipment this harness is first class. Used throughout France on my recent motorbike trip, the kit is easy to use being quick to slip on and holding the camera firm to your chest. It seems expensive but you really do get what you pay for!
on 4 August 2017
Very well built and holds the camera very steadily, also relatively comfy to wear but naturally does make your chest feel tight, I couldn't wear it for too long
on 2 July 2017
Good design, poor execution. The manufacturing tolerances are pretty bad and the buckle is almost impossible to insert and remove. I've had to file it down and still it is pretty poor.
on 11 July 2017
Fell to bits. Looks like a fake one!
on 21 March 2017
Its good, but can be hard to get the right angle for the camera