Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 10 April 2014
Not one for Nicholas Cage methinks, but he's managed to pull it off in this film. The worlds' coming to an end, but why does his character act ever so slightly 'wooden'? Me, I'd be ticking off my check list of must-do's, then run around and max out my bank accounts.

I won't spoil the storyline for you, but its actually a nice film that'll make you consider what your final options'd be 'at the end'. If there's a happy ending, and will aliens save us from ourselves? There aren't that many films that combine the two elements of thinking and enjoyment as nicely as this.
on 7 December 2013
First off, I'm not going to say that I think "Knowing" is one of the greatest films ever made, nor do I think it's a perfect film by any means as it does have a few problems, but overall, I've always really enjoyed this one. I love the cinematography, the atmosphere, the tone, the premise, the score and especially the tense moments scattered throughout this film. Sometimes, it pays not to listen to what others say and instead watch a film and come to your own conclusions. For me, I always got a fair amount out of this film compared to a lot of others. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's one that I always enjoy. I would give it an 8/10 overall.
on 12 August 2009
The story is not to everyone's taste, much less the cod-philosophy which drives its premise. But this film evokes something - an indefinable dread, maybe - that really seeps into the bones. I came out of the cinema wanting to hug my kids, urgently; the same urge grabs me when I watch this on blu. More than your average disaster-flick downer, Knowing is a kind of cinematic tone poem - a closely-woven piece that provokes and sustains a mood; that's my experience, anyway. Proyas achieved much the same (with richer narrative) in Dark City.

As to the blu-ray: wow! The US release may boast higher bit-rates, but this is still one gorgeous transfer and a flawless encode. Reference grade PQ and AQ, as others have noted.

My recommendation: a strong purchase, with big rewatch (or: refeel) value. Just don't trouble yourself overly with the plot. Go with the mood.
on 11 June 2015
This a good thriller, with some cool special effects in it... There are some really scary moments in it,
that make your hairs prick up, but the story gets lost towards the end... And not sure if it works...
on 6 February 2015
Great film with excellent acting from Nicholas Cage. The action sequences were some of the most horrific I've seen (especially the train crash - WOW!), but they were really well done. Personally I liked the ending, tied it up nicely
on 5 August 2009
Well once again im glad i decided to make up my own mind,this was one of the best films i have seen for ages.It had me hooked from start to finish,some might say the ending was silly,but who knows what could happen in this world.As for the disc,crystal clear picture,awesome DTS HD sound,thisd is one disc thats worth every penny.
Got to admit to being a little 'bias' i've enjoyed watching most 'Nicholas Cage' films down the years, this one being no exception, Some of his early movies included 'Con-Air' 'Face/off' and 'The Rock' ( all three available on 'Blu-ray ) the first two of which transfer to this format rather well i might add.
This film ? ........50 years ago at a new school a class of pupils were asked by their teacher to draw pictures of what they think it will be like in fifty years time, the drawings would the be placed in envelopes and buried in a 'time' capsule to be opened up by a future generation of pupils 50 years down the line, one pupil 'Lucinda' fills her page with numbers that she believed voices in her head were telling her to do.
Well the 50 years has passed, the capsule is lifted from the ground, opened and the envelopes handed out, 'John's' ( Nicholas Cage ) son is handed 'lucinda's' envelope, when opened a sheet full of numbers means very little, until 'John' try's to make sense of them...chillingly the numbers seem to make accurate predictions of
forthcoming ( from 50 years earlier ) disaster's including the 9/11 attack and even giving the numbers killed.
all the dates on the paper are not used up, there is more to come, 'John' believes he can warn the authorities of what and where things will happen, but will anyone listen ?
'John' decides that he must look up 'Lucinda' but only finds her daughter 'Diane' (Rose Byrne ) 'Lucinda' had died some time earlier, at first 'Diane' does not wish to discuss her mother's predictions, but when what 'John' tells her 'happens' 'Diane' does take notice.
There is a more sinister prediction, can 'John' with his son, 'Caleb' and 'Diane' with her daughter 'Abby' find shelter using the numbers, the chase is on, also who are these people that seem to be stalking the children ? ?
This is a really good sci-fi movie, with plenty of tension along the way to maintain your interest, as my headline suggest's the special effects within are pretty awsome, a good purchase on the 'Blu-ray' format, one last thought, what is portrayed toward the end of this movie is not just sci-fi..........it could just happen ? .............enjoy.
Many Critic's have not rated this movie that highly, I think it's a cracking watch.
on 25 May 2011
This is a brilliant film I really enjoyed it. The storyline kept me on the edge of my seat and a great performance from Nicholas Cage. It is an unusual and very different film and I cannot recommend it enough. It is a must see.
on 23 April 2014
I think that the film KNOWING is probably the best film I have ever seen;what is more is that if our Ozone Layer became
damaged a mass coronal ejection or Solar Flare could result in complete destruction of Planet Earth.

A most unusual film with a message to us all.

I would recomend it to everybody.
on 4 November 2012
I really like this film. Ok the ending could have been improved but it's not that bad. Lots of films have much worse endings but few have the sound that this movie has. If you want a good entertaining movie, well made, good story line, great special effects and a top demonstration disc for showing off your cinema sound then ignore all the negative reviews here and buy it, you wont be sorry!