Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 19 September 2010
Children at War: World War 2 replica Memorabilia Pack (World War 2 - Memorabilia Packs)
This item looks like a huge great pile in the advert, but when it arrives faces will drop, it comes in a tiny packet and looks disapointing - HOWEVER it isn't the size that counts but how you use it!
Inside the little packet is a large selection of well chosen, interesting, informative and clearly printed replicas that will delight any history fan from ages 2 - 92 yrs. Before my son actually opened the packet I did feel a bit let down, but after seeing the contents I think I will be adding a few more of these to my Christmas present list.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2012
Resources for Teaching have published several Memorabilia Packs covering
such things as the Victorian Era, RMS Titanic, World War One, and this one
which covers the experiences of children in World War Two.
The first thing you become aware of on opening it, is the extremely small
size of the contents, the display advert gives an impression of much more.
That said, there is enough in the pack to create interest for all but the
most bored of minds.
The pack comprises a copy of the Children's Newspaper, the Boys Own Paper
dated December 1944 containing stories and adverts of the 1940's.
A ration book, Ministry of Food cookery leaflet on puddings listing such
questionable delicacies as Prune Sponge, and puddings that required the
use of potatoes.There is also a copy of the label of a wartime issue of
Kit Kit priced 3d, and made of plain chocolate as milk was in short supply.

Of interest too are the Evacuation notices, and copies of labels that
a child had to wear on their jacket/coat. Instructions on where to pick
up a babies anti-gas helmet,a Civil Defence Leaflet from 1939 on The Why
and How of Evacuation.

Also included is a one page English Composition dated 1938, from the pen of
a schoolboy giving his experiences of life. Two facsimile postcards of
the era make up the rest of the better quality items.
Where the pack falls down is in the cigarette card size items, which show
military uniforms, adverts for toys and games of the period. These are only
some 4cm by 6cm and difficult to read and would likely easily be lost.

No doubt aimed at teaching today's children, these packs are also an ideal
memory jogging instrument for such groups as Golden Years Clubs, where older
folk can be helped to remember their own childhood experiences, and it was
with this in mind, that I purchased this pack.
Why it is listed as a toy, I am not sure, there is every reason to see it as
a Primary and Secondary Source material pack for students of WW2 history.
Despite my initial disappointment, it is a worthwhile purchase.
on 27 February 2011
Great product. Used for a school project on World War II and evacuees. It brought various of the facts of the war to life for the children.
on 23 July 2010
My eight year od nephew was very excited to get this as a present for his birthday, he is learning about World War 2 at his school at the moment.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 September 2016
Arrived in good time. I have purchased three of these sets from the same buyer. And I am very pleased with them. I purchased them for my 87 year old mum, to help with her memory. But I found them fascinating. They look like the genuine things (mum will let me know if they are), there is a good range of items that children or adults that were around during the war will find interesting and will jog their memory. I think they would also be a brilliant teaching tool for children. Something tangible from the war.
on 5 September 2014
Excellent package - really authentic and informative. Great aid to helping the children with their WWII project. Certainly brings home the difference between a 1930's - 1940's child and one from today!
on 15 September 2016
Excellent set of repro bits and bobs. The evac tag and gas mask label were just what we needed for school and the rest is very interesting and helps to bring to life what the children went through in the war.
on 21 October 2009
This replica pack is ideal as an introduction to WWII topic. However as a teaching resource many of the items at miniature and would be better at a size to show a class.
on 11 December 2014
I bought this as a 'nostalgia' stocking filler for my mum who was a wartime baby and I'm very pleased with it. Ok, I haven't taken it all out of the packaging but it is as I expected and as described. The package is small but I would describe it as a convenient and handy size. I'd post a pic but the 'add photo' button doesn't seem to work unfortunately. The largest item in there is just under 7inches x 4.5 in. Perfect for my requirements anyway.
Recommended.
on 20 August 2013
My eight year old grandson is about to start on a term learning about WWII. As his grandpa and I were young children during the war, he has been asking us lots of questions and videoed an interview with us. He was delighted with this memorabilia pack - and is so looking forward to going back to school. His mum said he is enjoying looking at the items in the pack with her - which is also helping with his reading. My husband and I enjoyed looking at all the contents as they brought back so many memories - some of which had been forgotten, so we had a nostalgic hour saying "Oh look, do you remember that?" 11/10 and a star for the publishers.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated