on 13 September 2011
Opened the box, and what a pain that was, plugged it in to one of my Windows 7 Dells without bothering with the CD. It immediately went into the found device dialogue, installed the drivers it already had in the OS driver repository and then asked to go on line for the rest of the software. In less than five minutes I had the latest drivers and software package and was up and running. I wouldn't bother with the extrapolated image capture, just use 680x480, as it is about as good as can be expected, i.e. not very. But at 640x480 it is usable and the video image is very good. It also, unusually compared to most others I have had, has a fairly decent sized lead at 1.8m and still works great when plugged into a further 3m extension lead.

The only thing I don't like, and the reason for dropping a star, is that it installs a LifeCam service that is set to automatic startup without mentioning it. But as I don't plan to use the LifeCam all that much, I just need it for occasional use, I changed that to manual startup. But it would have been nice to know about it as I like to have a lean system and to only start things when I actually need them.
on 13 August 2010
Great little camera for the price, the included software also functions very well. One cution though if you are using Windows 7, ignore the enclosed CD and download the update from Microsoft
on 24 June 2011
First one I ever bought and I'm a little disappointed.
Pros: Small and portable
Good flexibility
Great audio recording

Cons: Not that compatible with Win 7. You need to download the software from micrsoft website and even then it took me several attempts before it recognised the cam.
Bad visual. Might just be mine, or cos it's not really meant for Win 7, but the visual is flickery and glitchy for me.
Not that stable to hook onto laptop. If i turn the head of the lens then it'll fall off my monitor.

Overall, very disappointed with it. It's only my first but I still expected better from all the reviews on it.
on 3 September 2010
For the price this is one of the best camera
on the market. Picture quality very good.
Superb sound thanx to built-in mic.
on 28 August 2010
Great little webcam, really good value. Came with software disc that predates Windows 7 but not a problem as LifeCam software automatically downloaded for my Win 7 PC. I only really use for Skype which immediately recognised the camera and mike. Webcam is probably more suited to Messenger but not a problem. Picture quality really good and mike is good enough to use the webcam just as a phone. Have not explored the Lifecam software itself properly but that seems excellent in comparison to others I have used.
on 22 June 2011
Microsoft LifeCam VX-2000
Hi i recently purchased this webcam (actually i purchased 2 ) i think the image quality is very good the built in software is great the instructions are a bit sketchy but overall a simple webcam that gives excellent results absolutely worth buying
i hope this is helpful
on 1 May 2011
I have been thinking about buying a webcam for some time, as we have family in boston, usa. not knowing the quality of these products and not really wanting to spend a lot,i checked online and compared products. I settled on this particular camera, it cost just over £12 on amazon. checked in the supermarkets etc, and the price rises upto £28! amazing. really easy to set up with skype and it's free, minutes later there was my sister in law onscreen. position the camera, tweak the sound and we were up and running. the quality is good, as long as you don't move about too much! on the whole i would give it a glowing recommendation
on 25 September 2011
Bought this webcam thinking that it would be of superior quality since it is from MS. But feel not that great when it comes to video quality. Bit distorted at times. Otherwise good microphone, easy to install and place.
on 24 June 2011
The camera is absolutely perfect, very easy to install, excellent video picture.
I have bought it to use with SKYPE and very happy with it.
Would recoment to everyone.
on 13 November 2010
Been using this for about a week now and it's working perfectly. Bought this mainly for Skype and the sound quality is extremely clear. People can't tell if I'm using my web-cam or a headset so that tells you how clear it is. Video quality is perfect for Skype calls. All in all, very happy with the product and the price. Look no further if you're looking for a cheap but good quality headset.