on 16 July 2010
Ordered it on full price with postage but replacement battery didn't work at all and when complained suggested few anecdotes which didn't work either and they have not even acknowledgeD thE recorded return as advised and after one week of wait when asked just sent an invoice?????
will certainely not recommend to any one from my experience so far
11 Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2010
I was very dissappointed to receive a faulty battery, i had to get this exchanged at my own cost and had to wait for ages to receive the replacement. I am upset with the sipplier - Smart Parts and not Amazon!!!
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2013
I have an Inspiron 1545 and this battery worked perfectly from the minute I put it in my laptop. Was very wary as I ordered another battery similar to this and kept getting notification from Dell everytime I logged on which told me that the battery was not a Dell battery and threfore wouldn't perform as it should. This message came on everytime I logged in so was very irritating but this battery worked a treat and NO MESSAGES so I am really pleased with it.
on 26 May 2011
Edit: I note that, 5 years later, my review appears to have been transferred onto a differently-branded product. Presumably somebody thinks it's the same item, but personally I would not make that assumption.

This product worked perfectly with my Inspiron 1525 laptop, and restored the laptop to maximum battery life again. I was able to get 2 hours of use out of it between charges, which means it was about the same as the original battery was when it was new.

However, one year later, the replacement battery is failing. The capacity has taken a sudden nose-dive. The last charge I did took ages. One of the cells inside the battery is overheating. Thankfully, the safety circuitry seems to be in working order, as it has been cutting power to the laptop when it gets too hot, making me think that the charge meter was miscalibrated.

It was only when I witnessed the laptop cut out at 80% charge today that I realised there was definitely a problem with the battery, removed it, and discovered that one of the cells was really hot. This is not a situation you want to have with a lithium-ion battery. You only have to look on YouTube for videos of lithium-ion battery fires to see why it would be a bad idea to continue using the battery in such a state.

I would urge caution to anyone who is using these batteries, or any others of relatively unknown provenance.
on 2 September 2011
When my laptop displayed that horendous message onscreen, ' Your battery has reached the end of it's usefull life' I was gutted. Where would I be able to buy a replacement power unit? I tried the manufacturer but the cost was more than a new laptop, then my wife said, ' why don't you try those nice people at Amazon' Good idea I said. Within minutes I found the exact battery I needed for a fraction of the cost the original maker has quoted. I ordered it straight away as life without my computer would be dire, I would resort to talking to my wife. Within four days I received my Battery from the supplier and in seconds the computer sprang back into life with no issues at all. I was expecting the laptop to complain that the part was not a real part and your laptop will self disctruct in 5 seconds, well there goes the love life. Great service and delivery thank you for saving me from a life of communicatiing with my wife.
on 15 June 2013
I can honestly say that this replacement laptop battery is an excellent product, as my old battery was only giving me about an hours life at the most, but with this I am getting about 3 hours, which is plenty for my usage, I would highly recommend using Smart Parts again
on 11 February 2013
Received in a short period.Works perfect with my Dell Inspiron 1545.Gives about 2 hours of continous usage and I can carry my labtop with me once more.
on 9 December 2013
Excellent Quality. Arrived before the due date that I had been quoted. Would certainly recommend this product. Cheaper than
a Dell product.
on 1 December 2013
Excellent delivery on time and battery works very well. It was for a Dell lap top and much less expensive than the batteries from Dell!
on 7 November 2013
The (ASIN:B002F1JGQQ Laptop Battery for Dell Studio 15 1535 1536 1537 1558 Laptop Battery - Original Lavolta] was delivered on time as promised and proved to exactly suited to my requirements. I would highly recommend this to anyone considering renewing their battery. It has been functioning perfectly since being fitted and proves to great value for money.