on 30 September 2010
Just received this today and the instructions for use are useless
Select Route then press yes where is the yes button? So you have fallen at first fence. My wife and I are strugling with it. I have used to go round corner but more by luck than good management. My Wife has just exclaimed that she is making it worse to use. Would not recomend any TomTom if all there instructions are like this.
M.Hird TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition 2 EU Satellite Navigation System
on 13 February 2015
Bought this to use in South Africa during a recent touring holiday over there, downloaded maps from TomTom. Never let me down once have used it in England a couple of times. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !! Beter than my previous Garmin sat nav :-)
on 8 December 2013
I brought this product soon as opened it. 2 faults found straight away. No voice on tom tom also map was backwards. Was not happy considering tom tom are a big company.put me straight off returned product and brought garmin nuvi 512 instea.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2013
I spent along time looking for a sat nav. Although there are probably better ones on the market now, this has never failed me and I can use it to get to any location in the UK. I even got Turkish maps and they were perfect for our holiday.
on 6 May 2011
Very impressed with the TomTom XXL, graphics are awesome and simple to program. Together with the air vent attachment it now sits snuggley on the dash giving easy access and control.
on 2 April 2014
We like the Tom Tom range for personal use, though in future we will chose Garmin as they have more comprehensive maps, including Israel, a leading country to visit for software products. Our fleet have changed for this reason to Garmin.
on 25 March 2014
I HAD MY TOM TOM STOLEN IN USA 3 YEARS AGO. NEW TOM TOM FOR MY BIRTHDAY,COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.
REALLY EASY TO USE,CHANGE COUNTRIES IN 1 MOVE.
MAKES TRAVELLING SO CHILLED AND RELAXING.ALL I CAN SAY IS GET ONE,MEGA VALUE FOR MONEY.
on 5 October 2013
Tom Tom are great. Works very well. It replaced a different make of sat nav that packed up. Only downside is the charges to update the maps once the time runs out. Now that mobiles have maps I think these will become a thing of the past.
on 21 January 2014
Delivery on time.
As a gift it was recieved and rated as very good.
The only comment I would make is that there appears to be a problem with the "Lifetime Updates" which I didn't find out about until after purchase.
on 6 January 2011
The device worked fine and beautifully after I bought it. After about a year, I wanted to update its maps and its software with my home PC and the "TomTom Home" software. This requires you to connect the device to the PC with a USB cable. The problem: during the file transmissions from PC to device, the connection regularly breaks off, and I have despite many repeated attempts (from multiple PCs, using multiple different USB cables) not managed to update the maps & software, while the old ones are corrupted.

Bottomline: TomTom's poorly made hardware in combination with their update process left me with an unusable device. And I even paid 75 EUR 'upgrade' fees for that.

Better go and look for another product with better quality.