on 11 March 2014
Bought this on recommendation of a friend with twins (and therefore double the amount of gross nappies) when my son was 15 months and putting them in the kitchen bin became unbearable. I would usually put dirty nappies straight into the outside bin but this isn't possible in a London flat.

The bin is a great size and easy to use and it is a definite improvement on keeping the nappies (double bagged) in the kitchen bin but even though we still double bag them to put them in the Korbell nappy bin our bathroom always faintly smells like dirty nappies and by the time we come to empty it after a few days the smell of the bag is pretty horrific and wafts about the bathroom. I can't comment on other nappy bins but there are cheaper ones available out there which may work just as well - I'd hoped that by paying more I would be guaranteed odour free. Also the baby worked out how to unlock the bin within one minute of finding it so not very childproof (which is fine - not that keen on him playing with the nappy bin even when locked!)

UPDATE: Don't buy this buy the Tommy Tippee one is 100 x better, no smell at all Tommee Tippee Sangenic Tec Nappy Disposal Tub
on 18 August 2015
I went with this nappy bin over cheaper brands because I use bio-degradable nappies, wipes & sacks & the liners for this bin are also are bio-degradable, whereas as far as I could tell no one else offers bio-degradable liners & without that there'd be no point in me buying bio-degradable everything else. I imagine that's why it's more expensive as bio-degradable products (feel like I've said bio-degradable too much now!!) do tend to cost more.

It's definitely better at containing smells than just a regular bin & I wish I bought one of these sooner, my reason for getting one now is because baby number 2 is due & I thought I'd use for child 1 until then. However despite also bagging up poo nappies in fragranced nappy sacks before putting inside there is still a bit of whiff around the area where the bin sits. It could be because my son only now wears nappies at night so it's taking a long time to fill up & there's more time for the smells to mature....... perhaps when I'm back to changing numerous nappies a day & the liner is regularly being changed nasty nappy smells will be less noticeable.

I do think it's a good product though, so much so I'm going to get a second one for downstairs & the fact the liners are bio-degradable was what sold this product for me over others.
on 24 February 2014
Awesome lock option so doggies can't get into it! Doesn't smell a bit and so easy to use as well as install the liners. I have three in the house, one of which I am using as a normal rubbish bin!
on 18 October 2015
This was the only nappy bin we could find that would allow us the option of using biodegradable nappies and bags. Some reviews commented on smell, we have new born twins and it took a week to fill the bin and there has been absolutely no smell escaping the bin! It has been so easy to use due to the foot pedal and the trap door under the lid. We would thoroughly recommend this nappy bin and I'm sure when we move on from nappies it will make a good general bathroom bin.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2015
I bought it because my husband has had a Colostomy, and he uses it to dispose of the Stomer bags after use. It doesn't stop the smell of the used bags completely but greatly reduces the smell, much better than an ordinary pedal bin. Happy with it and would recommend it.
on 10 July 2011
Very easy to use and does what it is meant to do. I like that the refill packs are now biodegradable.
on 18 September 2014
This product got the title " my worst purchase"
I bought it as I wanted a bin that will enable me to keep my hands on my baby. So the idea of a hands free bin sounded good to me.
However this product has two lid - one that opens by foot and a second (inner) one that holds the smell. The problem is that the nappies stays on the inner lid and you must push them in with your hands. As the bin is very low you really need to look away from your baby or to do what I did - have dirty nappies hang on top of the bin until you finish changing your baby to address the bin. Overall the bin cause more mess than good.
on 25 January 2015
This is a fantastic nappy bin - however I bought the 'litter champ' elsewhere for £17 and its the same thing. Don't buy this, buy the litter champ and have a tenner in your pocket.
on 23 April 2015
Its ok but refills are expensive. Not sure its worth the ongoing outlay.
on 15 February 2015
One of the best baby purchases we've made. This bin is great for keeping the house odour free, the bags last for a long time (up to 1 month and we have twins!). It's also to install new bag refills too.

Tip: I've tried using other bin liners to cut costs and found that it's much more hassle - especially when you have screaming babies to attend to. Worth getting the refills as it saves time not having to replace bags so often.

Also find it strange that other reviews report on smell when they empty bins, what did you expect your little one's faeces to smell like - roses?!

Glad I got this bin!