on 14 March 2013
I am trying to cope with macular degeneration and it is not a lot of fun! But I bought this principally to use whilst shopping or using the cashpoint because it is easy to carry about in my shopping bag. In my opinion, there is no single product which solves every type of problem when you have sight failure and we all wish to remain independent as long as possible. I believe that this magnifier is going to be very useful.
on 2 November 2013
It delivers what it says. The light is of excellent quality. It is small enough to carry yet very effective to use.

Pity it does not have a protective cover so one could carry it in one's pocket without the lens getting scratched by other objects in the same pocket - say, keys.
on 26 May 2012
An excellent product, bought to assist reading and general eyesight help in difficult areas when shopping or generally not close to reading glasses. The magnification is just right for me with the added greater mag. insert. The LED light is positiond in the right place to illuminate the item you wish to see. This cannot be said of some other illuminated items I have tried.
Overall excellent and for me good fun too.
on 2 September 2013
I bought this item for my mum along with a smaller 'pocket' magnifier. This item is advertised as 16 x 8 x 1.8 cm but is in fact 8 x 5.5 x 0.8 cm which is actually smaller than the pocket one. What a waste of money as I now have to order another 'big' magnifying glass!
on 19 November 2011
this is a remarkable item at amazing value for the money. the magnification is brilliant and so simple to operate.
on 7 September 2012
I purchased this for my mother who is on her 80's with poor eyesight, she's too old for laser eye surgery so this is helping her to read newspapers. Good little gadget!
on 20 November 2012
I bought this for my husband (82) to use when reading in bed. He has found it very good and not too heavy to hold, and the light is a most useful feature. It is also very good to use when map reading in the car.
Altogether a useful product that does what it says on the tin!!
on 19 February 2012
My elderly mother has been diagnosed with the onset of macular degeneration, making it difficult for her to read. This inexpensive little gadget has made it possible for her to read menus (even in darkly lit restaurants), news articles, etc. She's thrilled.
on 4 December 2012
I was delighted with this item and chose it for assistance in reading print. I have just been prescribed new glasses which sometimes don't cope with very small print so that's when I decided to look for a handy wee magnifier and this one fits the bill nicely.
on 2 October 2013
The problem with pocket magnifiers is that, if they don't have a sliding cover the glass can quite quickly get fazed, making them almost useless, which is what happened with this. I now have one with a sliding cover, which is fine.

See one answered question