TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 September 2016
This guitar support/holder is great value for money. It was exactly as described and arrived undamaged. It was very easy to fix to the wall.

Take off the holder from the back plate. Hold the back plate to the wall, were you wish to hang your guitar and mark through the holes with a pen or pencil. Then take a drill (or hammer drill) and drill the holes deep enough to take your rawlplugs. Insert the plugs, line up one fo the holes and insert the first screw until almost tight. Then offer screw two and then three through the remaining holes and fasten all the screws fully home. There you go you've done it.

My guitar hangs great and looks great too and the padding on the neck means it's not going to get scuffed either. I love it and would fully recommend it to anyon.

If this review has been helpful to you, please press the YES button, thank you.
on 16 January 2013
It does the job, no fixings (which ought to be stated) but what do you expect for a couple of quid. Smart appearence.
on 26 October 2013
The hook in the pictures looks pretty good but the item I received is not what I was expecting. The length of the bar between the wall and hook is actually around 10 cm (4 inches) so even acoustic guitars end up hanging away from the wall with a gap of around 11 cm (4.5 inches). For electric guitars it's even worse with the gap between wall and guitar being around 13 cm (5 inches). It looks pretty silly in my opinion having such a massive gap. Looking back at the item I can see that one of the user submitted pictures shows the item I actually received, it's the 4th picture submitted by a customer called Chris. There's a big 'NJS' label on it.

I'm disappointed but Amazon is getting me a full refund so it could be worse, just wish I'd measured how long the hooks were before drilling 10 holes in my wall, buying screws and plugs and fixing them all up :-(
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2010
Perfect for what i needed (hanging guitars!)
I bought one a while back 3 times the price and this one is no different. You have to buy your own screws and wall plugs but i had loads hanging about so this was no problem.
on 26 August 2012
Really please with these, I took a gamble by choosing the cheapest option available but i'm not dissapointed at all, these are made solidly and as long as you have a bit of basic DIY skill and know how to use a rawl plug you will have no problems.

Some reviewers have mentioned that the arms are a little too far apart but i havent found this to be a problem, i have used them with just about every type of guitar shape in my home studio and nothing slips through.
on 15 May 2015
Does the job. would be better if it came with fittings
on 9 August 2011
I bought this for my son to use for his guitar, picked this one because it seemed cheap and it does the job. Easy to fix up on the wall and does what it is meant to with minimal size. Only downside is that it doesn't come with the fixings. All in all a good bargain buy.
on 2 August 2013
When you screw these to the wall, you have to move the arms around to give you clear, straight access for drilling. Once you've done this then the arms become loose and bend slightly when constantly taking the guitar off and back on. Because of this, I haven't put my electric guitar up as I feel it's too heavy and the hanger might give and fall off eventually. With this in mind tho, they're great for acoustic, lighter guitars and I even have a 5 string acoustic bass hanging up, clear from the wall which is what I wanted exactly. Great for acoustics, not so good for electrics, I maybe wrong but I ain't taking the chance.
on 7 November 2013
I brought this 'short' guitar hanger after buying one on Amazon that was a over four inches from the wall and left far too much clearance even with my acoustic guitars.

I ordered this one and it was the same as the one I had!

You could hang a double bass on it and there would be enough clearance from the wall - god knows what the 'long' version is like!!!

That said, it is well made and up to the job
on 15 October 2013
Amazon seem to be exercising some freedom with the description and photos for this item and it may be pot luck what you actually receive.
I was disappointed that the item I received was clearly different to the one which had (at the time - 1 week ago) been pictured.
Since I don't like such a long hangar - it doesn't match the others and I'm worried about the leverage from a heavy electric guitar - I have made arrangements to return it.

Since my returns request two days ago I notice that the picture and supplier for the item have changed again - but although the latest photo is more accurate in terms of the bezel and screw holes it still is much shorter than the one I just received.

I've uploaded a customer photo so that you can compare lengths and perhaps this style will be perfect for you. Best for a light classical or acoustic I think. But perhaps the main problem is that you can't be sure that this is one you will get!
review image