on 25 November 2009
Purchased TC 8 a number of years ago, it was a bit clodgy but I got by with it.
Thought I would upgrade to this version as there would bound to be improvements to the programme.
Dissapointment theres not a great deal of difference in version 16 to version 8, as far as I can see you still cant do BASIC operations like trim for doors and window within lines unless of course you upgrade to the pro version
I have started using Auto Sketch in work it appears to be far more user friendly and productive than this, I wish I had gone for that now, which is kind of sad as I like the page set up on T CAD.
Not enough BASIC bells and whistles in the 2d application to make this programme worth the price you have to pay for it.

EDIT 11 Jan 2010
The software has now become unstable and unusable, judging by internet forums this problem is not confined to me.
TCW are in the process of emailing me fixes, ie Turn off all applications, disable spyware and antivirus and several other suggestions.
Personally i dont think I ought to be going through that nonsense to get their software to work, (even though I have tried their sugestions). As at todays date im still waiting for a resolution off the developer, in the mean time i have drawings on my machine which have a lot of my time invested in that wont open now, or possibly may never be able to be opened.
on 12 February 2010
Whilst probably a good product, for me it was a total waste of money.
The reason was due to the lack of a manual.
The Help system was probably OK if you knew the operative word you were looking for. I wasted considerable time searching and eventually decided that I had spent long enough trying to de-code and gave up.
There was a small paper 'start-up type' booklet which didn't help much. The remainder of the purchase was just packaging sales blurb enclosing a disc.
It wasn't as though I didn't have much CAD experience, I have DesignCAD 3D and wanted to upgrade.
I have a virtually unused Turbocad 16 Delux 2D/3D Disc if anybody wants one, the packaging I threw away as it served no purpose.
on 10 January 2010
TurboCAD 16 Deluxe 2D/3D (PC DVD)

Works on Windows 7 64-Bit and has all the functions necessary for a good CAD package. The 2D drawing follows standard convention. The 3D drawing is relatively easy and allows for all the necessary complex shapes and tools. As per all packages of this type you need to be reasonably competent to do engineering/architectural drawing before you can use it. Overall a very exceptionally good package for the money.
on 26 December 2010
I recently bought Turbocad 16 Deluxe (2d/3d)

Within a few hours I had established that the package was feature rich and should easily fulfil my needs.

The user manual that came with it, however, proved to be error rich, almost as if it referred to a different version!

I found a forum on the web, (recommended by the company), and initially found it useful but soon I was unable to reach the website. This coincided with a period during which my ISP was down, this confused the issue a lot. My ISP has now been back up for a while but the forum is no longer available??!!??

I am still trying to learn how to use this 3D design package but may end up using a licence for a far more expensive one that my main client plans to use.

It is a shame because I do believe this is probably a good product, just badly supported
on 10 October 2009
This software is a great introduction to CAD at it's price.
A printed manual would be better, but at this price you can't complain.
For those who really want to go to town, one of the best reasons to buy this is that you are then entitled to an Upgrade price for TurboCAD professional, including the mechanical or architectural editions, saving a small fortune.
on 1 June 2014
This is an excellent product, but....
If you are new to CAD systems or are used to other CAD systems, it will take some time to get used to.

The interface is good and the poly-line and extrusion tools make plan and isometric design quick and easy.

There are later versions of this software, but for the price, this is brilliant.
on 15 November 2010
It's a good CAD program and very cheap. I Use other 3d software for modelling (3d MAX, Blender) and needed something to draw up floor plans. TurboCAD is perfect for that.
on 30 September 2011
I was(am) a total beginner when it comes to CAD systems so this review comes from that perpective - i.e. I cannot critique it with other products.

My main reason for purchasing TurboCAD was that I wanted an inexpensive tool that would easily allow me to design components for radio controlled model aircraft (spars, formers and the like).

The edition I bought came with a DVD containing a 2D CAD introduction (collection of some 30+ videos that build knowledge of the product features). Whilst it can be a little slow going in places, this training resource is excellent and dramatically improves the usability of the product. I noticed that in a one star review, the reviewer said the documentation was unhelpful, this is true if one wants a tutorial/use case type guide as it definitely fits into the reference manual category. But, when you know roughly what to look for then the documentation is pretty good.

Even in the reduced functionality "Deluxe" edition and with the video tutorials, this product will require the user to invest a reasonable amount of time (unless, of course, you're familiar with CAD apps) before one starts to become comfortable/productive.

I'm sure the vast majority of TurboCAD's features are standard to CAD applications and so user satisfaction will largely come down to ease of use. For me, some of the tools aren't very logically placed in the menu system (but that's probably my ignorance) but... the interface is configurable so one can have regularly used tools readily available on the main application window (set of tool bars). I've not, as yet, had a requirement that the product won't allow me to satisfy (one has to approach a problem laterally sometimes to get the desired results though) - but, having said that I'm probably not pushing the boundaries very much. The screen redraw can be a little quirky - requiring the user to click the manual screen draw - at first I thought I'd made mistakes but once one's aware of this it isn't an issue.

Would I buy it again? Yes, without a doubt. In fact, I'd probably spend the extra and go for the Pro version! (The user manual has a subtitle to several features that says "Pro version only" - Marketing?!? ;o))
on 10 May 2014
Dear Amazon,
I purchased the TurboCAD thinking it would be compatible with my Mac OS x. There didn't appear on your website any indication that it was only for Windows users therefor I have returned the item.
A.J. Scott
on 3 December 2013
Exactly what was needed and despatched promptly. Easy to use and compatible with most other drawing systems. Reproduction of A3 Drawings, that are converted to PDF, might mean that some detail is not presented if printed on A4.

See one answered question