TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 October 2015
Yey, I initially paid £20 for a Duronic cable which didn't work. I'm trying to upgrade my home network up to 1Gbps from my old 100 Mbps so I decided to make an investment in a good quality cable so I got an expensive one (the Duronic Cat6a) which gave me a 10 Mbps connection. I immediately returned it for a full refund (which I got - thanks Amazon) and ordered this £10 Cat6 one instead. It works like a charm - 1Gbps connection.
The quality of the materials is average I guess, nothing special. The colour is of a light gray with the rubber part being reasonably good quality even though I definitely don't recommend it for a notebook which moves around. I use mine connected to the docking station and when I require a high speed data connection, I just put my notebook in the docking station and I'm ready to go. When I disconnect the notebook, it automatically jumps to the wifi without breaking the data connection - which is great! Usually, before I connect Ethernet cables to the Ethernet port, I use cotton with isopropyl alcohol to clean the metal parts, this has sometimes improved my connection stability especially with the Virgin's Superhub 2 - which sucks by the way. Also, make sure that you don't apply too much pressure on it since I have a feeling that it would easily get damaged. I was lucky that the furniture which was placed my mistake over it didn't do any damage but I could see that happening. Also, diameter of the cable is 6 mm so make sure you use suitable clips if you need to place it out of your way.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Kind Regards
Solid, strong, reliable, dependable and brightly coloured. I own many different lengths of this particular cable type to connect my computing equipment with my router and peripherals in another room. The visible section of my cable runs is yellow coloured so that it won't present a trip hazard. I like this cable very much.
on 9 August 2014
The plastic casing feels good quality, it's flexible enough and doesn't get tangled up often. The length is sufficient as well and I also ran some speed tests and have had much better download speeds when using this. The clips at the end are pretty sturdy too.
on 9 April 2017
great
on 29 April 2017
Very good quality cable. I've used it on a microphone because all the wires are screened so no hum.
on 11 September 2017
perfect
on 6 June 2017
Great. Brought to connect sons pc upstair to router downstair via floorboards. Works fine even though it is longer length.
on 4 July 2015
Feels like quality to me. Well packaged.
on 21 April 2017
Good Product
on 24 April 2015
Very strong cable. Highly recommend.