Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Now Learn more Shop now

Customer reviews

The Best Of The Nolans
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 April 2017
Arrived early. CD as expected. It lives in the car where I sing along to my hearts content.
on 19 July 2017
Very good love the Nolans and Tina Charles. Thank you.
on 27 September 2017
very good item
on 20 June 2017
Great
on 2 October 2015
good to hear my old friends
on 11 May 2017
I had forgotten how good the Nolans are takes me back to when I was younger great to sing along to tried to get my hubby to have a dance with me but he ran away
on 20 October 2003
I'm 14 and love The Nolans. I was brought this album by my parents for my birthday and haven't stop listening to it since. I love all the songs especially Attention to me, and The Nolans version of 'Thank You for the Music' is great. Although I wasn't around when The Nolans were I love them, and every second and every minute of this album is fantastic and if I was you I'd buy it.
on 8 December 2002
An absolute must for any Nolans' fan, this greatest hits collection features the original recordings of the girls' finest moments from their years with Epic Records. As such, this album is infinitely preferable to the rather cheap-sounding re-recordings on other labels which have been released more recently, and which, generally, are not as good as I expected. All eight of the girls' UK Top 40 hits are here, including the well-crafted pop of 'Attention To Me' and 'Gotta Pull Myself Together' and (of course!) their infectious signature tune, 'I'm In The Mood For Dancing'. Other highlights are the uptempo 'Sexy Music' and the romantic ballads 'God Knows', 'Spirit Body & Soul' and their cover of Diana Ross' 'Touch Me In The Morning', proof it it were ever needed that the Nolans excelled at harmonies. All in all, an excellent album...my only criticism (and it's a minor one)are the omissions; a shame that 'Get Ready', 'Out Of Love With Love' and 'Don't Stoke The Fire' were not included but maybe Epic will see fit to release a further compilation in the future! Enjoy!
on 13 November 2003
A must for all us POPHEDZ.
The Nolans were the second best exponents of British family music. (The best were THE DOOLEYS, but they bo not have a cd to review, so I'll have to do The Nolans instead --- come on sony, get that one sorted).
This cd is crammed with brilliant pop tracks from the pens of Findon, Myers, Puzey, Ulvaeus, Anderson, Blue, Smith, Graham, Gold and Deane. These guys (esp Findon) were behind some of the greatest pop hits of the late 70s / early 80s.
This cd focusses on the Blackpool / Irish sisters in their chart heyday. Sadly when their line-up was rocked by regular change, with sisters leaving, joining, re-joining etc. (It seemed that whenever a sister left the group, there was always another waiting in the wings to take her place :-) )
All the hits are here, from SPIRIT BODY AND SOUL, the ageless classic, I'm in the mood for dancing (1979), through to the latter hits DRAGONFLY and CRASHING DOWN, (when the hits did crash down in 1982).
The girls had been on the scene for quite a few years before these hits and are all working in entertainment all these years later, but you know that they will never be forgotten, because every saturday DJs will be playing I'm in the mood for dancing to hords of girls dancing round their handbags, under the plastic palm trees in discos up and down the length and breadth of Britain.
The Nolans were a superb act, go out and buy this definative "hit era" disc.
on 27 July 2012
There are issues with sound on traks, as kylie hawaian girl said i agree, most traks are warm and full, then some are very flat and lifeless and have very low eq, no treble or mid and its quite shocking the difference, the same traks suffer on the cherry red 'portrait' release too, master tape damage i suspect. Ruins this cd.