Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 May 2017
Very good cd
on 12 March 2009
The first time I bought this Johnny Logan album was on tape in about 1988/89. I was browsing around Our Price while waiting for the bus home from Romford and ended up picking this up to listen to on my 'walkman' on the way home.... and I liked it so much I wore it out.

Two years later, I bought the cassette again, I missed hearing the songs and so when I saw it going cheap in Debenhams, I bought it once again. It was a good standby tape, it was always in my handbag, and I always popped it into my car/stereo/walkman when pop music just wasn't cutting it or I needed a little Logan fix.

Years later, I saw the same album once again, re-released on CD and of course I *had* to buy it for old times sake! Even these days, its always by the stereo and is still a great standby album for a nice easy sing-a-long session while working or cleaning.

I know all the words to all the songs, strangely they are not great songs (except Hold Me Now - which I love) and Mr Logan hasn't got the best voice in the world, but there is something about the combination that works for me.

Maybe hearing the songs takes me back to an innocent era, wearing my walkman on the bus back from Romford, when Eurovision was a major thing to look forward to and we watched it as a family... or just maybe its an album of timeless songs that capture your heart...for an hour or so.
on 4 October 2003
Although this Is called the best of It Is In fact an album full of re-recordings and please be wary If you think you are buying the original recordings
on 28 July 2011
A gift for my mum as i was born the same night that Jonny won the Eurovision!

She is over the moon with it!
on 28 June 2013
Johnny Logan has a very unique voice and his hit "Whats another year" reverberates around my head.
It has been some years since he has been in the charts, all of his songs are remarkable compilations, superbly presented and sung with emotion and meaning.
on 7 February 2014
I remember seeing Johnny Logan win the Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland twice in 1980 and 87 he has a very good voice and very talented and he also write his own songs.The album is very good with his winning Eurovision songs on it and I am very pleased with it.
on 1 July 2015
Not sure at first , it's not the all-singing, all dancing version of these lovely songs, but it's definitely grown on me down to Johnny Logan's fantastic voice, which is really what it's all about.
on 11 June 2000
A collection of songs that demonstrates tremendous vocal dexterity, this compilation brings together some of the best songs of the era. Far more than just a Eurovision "one hit wonder", Johnny Logan brings out the best in each song and shows how it should be sung. "Living a Lie" is a particular gem.
on 2 February 2017
Great Album, great singer really nice to listen to. I have loved Johhny Logan since seeing him with the Eurovision in 1987 so glad to get his music on CD instead of cassette tapes.
A very special voice this man has. A great CD. I cannot stop singing What's Another Year. My favourite song.

Just superb