on 27 March 2017
Very Good no issues and I will reorder it again
on 8 February 2015
Back in the late-1970s I had hundreds of these I used to carry around in a big box, along with my Britains (1971) toys, those already painted with the green stands for those who are new to collecting toy soldiers. Granddad used to buy me one box of my choice each week from the local model shop - sadly, it's closed down. There's a lack of traditional model, record, and book shops these days, but they do exist if you search long and hard for them.

I used to love painting these, getting all the colours as perfect as possible , then arranging them into battle formation. Usually whilst a WWII film was playing in the background on TV. The Battle of the Bulge (1965). The Eagle Has Landed (1976). The Longest Day (1962). Where Eagles Dare (1968) and more. The details on the 1:32 figure as extremely detailed and this makes them fairly easy to paint; Airfix also provide the paint, each box have the relevant paint code on for each uniform.

I'm glad they are still producing these, as I thought about purchasing some again as a hobby now and then. There are also vehicles available and most model shops - even Hobby Craft - sell accessories like trees and landscapes, pretty much anything you need for different scenarios from the desert war with the 8th Army and the Africa Korps, to the paratroopers and the bombed-out buildings of France, even the mountain troops. I'm sure a lot of you out there will share the same memories of staging battles as a child.
on 23 March 2015
This is a review of airfix 1:32 ww2 British paratroops. These are small models of soldiers that you paint yourself. These models are very versatile due to their size. They can be used as figures to play with or to display. I think this product is good quality because the figures are realistic looking. They can be long lasting if you look after them properly and they are better than the cheaper alternatives that are available. Each box contains 14 unpainted figures, so at £7.99 this comes to about 57p per figure which is quite cheap. As someone who already has some experience painting models, I would not recommend this product to a beginner as it is a bit fiddly to paint. Also it is only recommended for those 8 and above. Paints are not included, which is a bit of a hassle and they can work out quite expensive. You can actually use oil paints instead, though they don’t dry very quickly. The models can break if they are handled roughly, so this is one of the downsides of the product, another is that they come pre assembled so there is no actual modelling involved. Overall, I would gladly recommend this product to older modellers. I found them to be very enjoyable.
on 17 April 2013
I grew up with these and felt it time for my nephew to get as well.
His dad was ex para so these were doubly appropriate,
Good old air fix moulds, so when. Saw them, it was like meeting old pals again!
on 27 August 2013
they arrived on time, very good quality and they had exact detail. they are perfect for those who like to take time to paint as they require a steady hand and lots of concentration
on 31 March 2015
I bought these for my young son to play with -sometime in the near future. And they are just as good /better as i remebered them from my own childhood. (A long time ago)
For the quality of detail and casting they are very good value.
Good range of poses/ stances and now with acrylic model paints, they easier and safer to paint and use.
This set (British paratroops) is particulary good.
The only down side is that they are in 1:32 scale and not 1:35th, never-mind though.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2014
I had a large collection of these as a kid and now my sons do too. They love them. Definitely the best quality plastic soldiers around with great attention to historical detail and they look fantastic laid out on the carpet. The only problem is that some of the gun tips break off in combat but that is to be expected.
on 19 December 2014
Item as expected and delivered on time
on 7 August 2012
I bought these soldiers for my 7 year old grandson, as I remember my own son having great fun with a similar box a few years ago. I have to say the quality is far below that of the orignal ones and the barrels on the weapons are very flimsy.The plastic is of poor quality and the figures are not finished off properly and require triming on the bases.Airfix used to be a brand that was respected but not anymore it seems.
on 2 February 2017
speedy delievery. excellent product.