Customer reviews

Melissa & Doug Wooden Sandwich-Making Pretend Play Food Set
Size: 33 H x 24 W x 5 D cm|Change

on 15 September 2016
I had a friend who's 2yr old child had a food cutting set, and I was skeptical of whether my 2 years old daughter would also like it. I picked Melissa and Doug's set b/c their quality is always excellent, and I am again impressed with the craftsmanship and detail of this set. I am also pleasantly surprised to find that of all the expensive electronic gifts my 2 years got for her birthday, this has turned out to be her favorite toy!!!! It keeps her entertained for quite a while, and is great for parent/child play together. I only wish it came with more pieces, as I run out of combinations of sandwiches to make for her (but she definitely doesn't seem to mind, she just keeps cutting!) Excellent for hand-eye and fine motor coordination, educational (verbal, counting, colors, etc) skills, and withstands a significant toddler beating. Also handy to have the storage box for clean-up. I also strongly recommend Melissa and Doug's food cutting set, which makes a nice coordinated set with this one, and increases the educational value and variety (for mommy who seems to get bored more quickly than my daughter!)
on 19 February 2016
My son loves an app on the iPhone where he makes burgers, so when I saw this I couldnt resist buying it for him. His face when he saw the item was amazing. He loves pretending hes making sandwiches and asks everyone whats they want in theirs. There are small velcro pads in the centre of the ingredients which help to keep it all together.

However - I have a few small issues.
Value - If the set contained twice as much stuff, or was about half the price, I would have given this 5 stars, however it seems a tad expensive - but as I said, my little one loves it so I'm happy to pay a bit more.
Velcro - The velcro pads, as with any other, gradually pick up fluff etc and ultimately degrade in their ability to stick. I imagine I'll end up trying to replace them with new ones at some point in the near future.
on 11 August 2017
This set is expensive compared to some other toy food, but as is often the case with toys you get what you pay for! It's a delightful little play set with everything a little one needs to make sandwiches for the whole family. The pieces are chunky, easy to hold, bright and colourful. The velcro is very securely attached and the solid wooden prices are very robust. This set has stood up to hours of play in a way plastic food play sets just haven't. The little wooden crate is great for keeping everything together when not being played with.
on 13 April 2016
Couldn't recommend Melissa and doug enough, paint wears off a bit after heavy use but that is expected I suppose. Check the glue and velcro is ok as ours weren't, contacted Melissa and Doug directly and they replaced them (need codes on the box for this so don't throw away)!
on 30 December 2016
Bought for my 3 year old niece and she loves playing with it.
It's good for little ones for imaginative play.
However, there is on piece of the sandwich filling which I've yet to identify!
It's well made and I'm hoping the velcro that holds the pieces together don't come off with persistent use.
on 15 December 2016
My 2 year old son has had hours of fun with this sandwich making kit-

Be it if he's making a sandwich for me or pretending that his toy dinosaur is having a picnic he just really enjoys this toy.

The quality is extremely good- easy to handle, and fun
on 29 December 2015
this is a lovely set for the kids to use when pretending to cook etc i bought this to go along side my sons kitchen . the pieces stick together well with velcro they are really well made they all come in a little wooden crate type box there is no lid however this does not bother me as it is stored in my sons wooden kitchen when not in use
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2016
Lovely, sturdy wooden pieces to makes sandwiches with. It does say 3+ on the pack but I have bought it for a 2 year old. I can't see the problem as the pieces seem too big to fit in mouth. Will be used under supervision anyway. A really nice set and with the discount, a very good buy. Delivery was fast.
on 19 June 2016
Decent quality, my 3 year olds just not bothered about playing with them. The Velcro circles need to be the right way around to stick(obviously) so a my 3yr old can't manage alone and I end up making them up. Then she looses interest! Wouldn't recommend.
on 28 December 2015
Really fun toy for the children, they had a fun Christmas assembling play sandwiches. Lots of pieces and you can make various combinatoons of the ingredients in the kit. Only downside is there is only one bread roll piece, so everyone who wanted a roll had to form a queue!