Size: 33 H x 24 W x 5 D cm|Change

on 13 April 2016
Couldn't recommend Melissa and doug enough, paint wears off a bit after heavy use but that is expected I suppose. Check the glue and velcro is ok as ours weren't, contacted Melissa and Doug directly and they replaced them (need codes on the box for this so don't throw away)!
on 21 January 2016
Having other toys from the same brand at home, I expected a certain level of quality when ordering this set. I couldn't believe how poor it was when it arrived: glue spilling over from the velcro, small chips in the paint, flaking paint, paint marks, light scratches, glue marks elsewhere on the toys (photos uploaded). I realise that after a few hours with my toddler it would not look great, but on arrival I'd at least expect it to look new and well made for the price this costs (if it hadn't been wrapped in its original packaging, I'd have thought it had been played with and sent back!). Really disappointed; I won't be buying from Melissa & Doug again. Have returned the set.
on 21 November 2012
Just bought this for my two year old niece for her birthday and i must say i am a little disappointed with the quality and finish of this toy. The colours of some of the pieces are not bright and defined as they are in the pictures provided. The top of the burger bun is completely yellow and you can hardly see the seeds making it difficult to tell what it is. The box hasn't even been opened yet and i can see that one of the slices of bread is already peeling it's paint and you can see what looks like wood glue all around the edges of some of the pieces. With what i have read about where Melissa and Doug have their products made i seriously hope they think about changing this side of the way they do business, the quality of this toy will make me think twice before i buy any of their toys again - sadly.
on 7 August 2014
I love Melissa and doug , but feel this product isn't upto their usual standard.

The concept is great (making sandwiches and stacking them with Velcro and pulling or cutting them apart ). However the quality of the paint and the thickness of some of the items like tomatoes and lettuce makes it hard to build a variety of sandwiches. The paint job on the product isn't as detailed as normal Melissa and doug items and the Velcro isn't always in the centre on all the pieces in the box.

For the price, I would probably stick with felt sandwich maker from elc or the wooden john lewis range.
on 19 February 2016
My son loves an app on the iPhone where he makes burgers, so when I saw this I couldnt resist buying it for him. His face when he saw the item was amazing. He loves pretending hes making sandwiches and asks everyone whats they want in theirs. There are small velcro pads in the centre of the ingredients which help to keep it all together.

However - I have a few small issues.
Value - If the set contained twice as much stuff, or was about half the price, I would have given this 5 stars, however it seems a tad expensive - but as I said, my little one loves it so I'm happy to pay a bit more.
Velcro - The velcro pads, as with any other, gradually pick up fluff etc and ultimately degrade in their ability to stick. I imagine I'll end up trying to replace them with new ones at some point in the near future.
on 8 March 2016
Lovely, sturdy wooden pieces to makes sandwiches with. It does say 3+ on the pack but I have bought it for a 2 year old. I can't see the problem as the pieces seem too big to fit in mouth. Will be used under supervision anyway. A really nice set and with the discount, a very good buy. Delivery was fast.
on 29 December 2015
this is a lovely set for the kids to use when pretending to cook etc i bought this to go along side my sons kitchen . the pieces stick together well with velcro they are really well made they all come in a little wooden crate type box there is no lid however this does not bother me as it is stored in my sons wooden kitchen when not in use
on 19 June 2016
Decent quality, my 3 year olds just not bothered about playing with them. The Velcro circles need to be the right way around to stick(obviously) so a my 3yr old can't manage alone and I end up making them up. Then she looses interest! Wouldn't recommend.
on 2 July 2016
Just LOVE this. Arrived very quickly. This wooden sandwich making set is beautifully made, colourful and works well with plenty of fillings, slices of bread and burger bun all in a sturdy wooden box. A big success all round.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 December 2015
Really fun toy for the children, they had a fun Christmas assembling play sandwiches. Lots of pieces and you can make various combinatoons of the ingredients in the kit. Only downside is there is only one bread roll piece, so everyone who wanted a roll had to form a queue!

See one answered question