Customer reviews

As other might have said. The screws on the DVI-D cable, are not only hard, but are absolutely terrible.
To get it fastened to your graphics card and/or screen, it is a real pain. I'm not one to disconnect it often at all, but the initial connection was very hard, and in fact one of the screw bits doesn't screw properly into my MSI GTX 660ti PE.

Apart from that the product is good, the wire is super thick, and the actual DVI-D connection head is well shielded, and very big.
I doubt anyone will notice a picture difference between this cable and a £2 Amazon Basics DVI-D cable (the one I previously had) - however I only got it because I wanted something that was shielded, and thus wouldn't interfere with the signal being transmitted from my PC to my screen.

Long story short, if you're looking for a DVI-D cable, get the amazon basics one, however if you want something shielded, get this one.
Bought this as I have a passion about hiding all the modern trappings behind closed doors and drowning out the noise asociated with it. To do that you need long cables and that can be a problem. Analogue cables of course suffer the most because signal strength decays and can be compromised more easily than digital over long runs, however even DVI will fail if a cable is too long or poorly made.

Now, I'm not someone obsessed by cables like an audiophile. I'm an engineer and I know that as long as a cable if it is transmitting digital works then it makes no difference what it looks like, whether it is gold plated or not. However given the very reasonable price and the fairly long run I bought this cable hoping that it would work.

And it does. There's no point in jumping up and down saying the quality of the picture is better or worse - it's digital. However because this works, it works perfectly. Nuff said.

Good price, high quality and works perfectly.
on 4 April 2010
Bought this cable to go with a new dell 24" monitor after finding that a hdmi cable wouldn't display the screen in the full 24", but a smaller window of aprox 22"? This new cable produced the full dislay and sharpened the text and everything else up, so can thoroughly recommend it. The only negative is the fiddly plastic tipped screws to tighten it up, had to use some pliers to grib them properly other than that a top class product.
on 20 June 2010
Good quality cable but needed a bit more thought on the manufacturing side.
The screw tighteners do not have a screwdriver head and can only be tightened with fingertips, but if you look at the picture of the item you'll see that the actual plug itself is very close to the screws and obstructs the ability to turn. I have small fingers and still struggled, in fact, i didn't manage to tighten both sides and have only tightened one. Would need a pair of long nosed pliers to tighten properly which seems silly for something that would have been so simple.
on 1 September 2009
These are solid dvi cables that worked well with my LG lcd TV at 1920 by 1080 resolution. Good Picture.
on 30 October 2010
The DVI cable included with my monitor was a bit short for my new study layout, so I hunted for a longer one in various shops and Web sites. The Cable Mountain one seemed to be fine and the price, even with the delivery cost, was quite reasonable, and it arrived just a few days after ordering. The only negative thing about it is that the securing bolts are a bit fiddly to tighten. Nevertheless, good product, good price, good service.
on 3 May 2011
I recently bought a new computer which came with a Hanns.G HH251 25 inch widescreen monitor. The monitor has a VGA and a DVI-D socket. Initally I connected the computer and monitor with the supplied VGA cable and I was very disappointed with the display which, although it claimed to be HD, was not at all sharp. Having replaced the VGA cable with the Cable Mountain DVI-D cable the performance was massively improved.

The cable is solidly built and reasonably priced. I highly recommend it to any user thinking of upgrading from a VGA cable who does not the option to use a HDMI connection. TBH its the only DVI-D cable I have ever used so I cannot compare against the DVI_D cables offered by other manufacturers.
on 23 September 2012
Three stars equates to 'It's Okay' and that about all I can say about this cable. Four stars would have been 'I like this' and because the screws are so fiddly, I can't bring myself to say that. I'd have prefered the heads of these screws to be longer (to get away from the body of the connector) so that I could tighten them easier. I can imagine they have avoided normal screwdriver heads so that you don't have to fiddle around with a tool behind you PC or monitor but the heads are so awkward that I considered using pilers to ensure the cable was tight.

As a method of data transfer - there's no problem what so ever. Digital signals are hard to mess up and this cable has avoided any problems.
on 28 June 2011
Had fun and games buying the correct leads but got there in the end - didn't realise there are so many different types to chose from. Suggest you all look closely at the ports at the back of your pc and monitor before placing your order.
Anyway, these cables are fine although as previously reported the screw connectors are a bit fiddly but no biggy !
Had new 23" Samsung monitors that worked very well with standard leads and suppose I was expecting miracles. These cables improved the picture but not by as much as I thought they would make but think my expectations were just too high, although in reality I don't think my screen display could be any clearer. Thumbs up from me...
on 5 April 2011
I have had several of these particular cables of varying lengths and they all fit and work very well. The only slight niggle is the design of the screw handles, which are basically a kind of paddle shape (i.e. not round but flat on 2 sides). I think the designers were hoping this shape would allow greater purchase when tightening which it does, provided you are not fitting the cable in a confined space or alongside another cable on a dual output graphics card, then it becomes tricky to get hold of them and that's when the swearing starts! Aside from this minor issue, this 5m cable is perfect for when you put monitors on desk stands.