on 3 August 2015
nice item thanks
on 15 October 2015
It's Arnie. Enough sad. Quality
on 3 March 2016
Anyone with any sense will already know that Terminator 2 Judgement Day is THE best example of this type of movie and perhaps the best film ever made. There are plenty of reasons for this. One because it has the best of everything. Two because it has Arnold Schwarzenegger at the absolute peak of his powers. Three because some of the best and most dedicated film makers pulled out all the stops, and four, because this film not only raised the bar, but set a new standard of what movies should and needed to be.

One thing I really love about T2 is the use of CGI. Yes CGI which I'm not the greatest fan of, unless it's used properly and not just an excuse for special effects to make up for a lack of story. T2 uses the correct amount of CGI and practical effects which keeps the continuity of the original 1984 film. When you see the T800 Model 101 being shot to pieces or being smashed to bits it puts a new perspective on the part machine of the cyborg. To me, seeing the pratical puppets and models makes the terminator more machine like in these situations. A bit like seeing him starting to malfuction in a way that would not have been effective with just an actor or full on CGI. I love it in the original when the terminator is repairing himself and scanning through the diary with his eye missing. He looks more sinister and scary with the fly on his forehead, obviously being drawn to the decomposing human tissue. It's brilliant and shows off what a genius Stan Winston is and was.

I would say that the original film was a full on horror Sci-Fi and is a bonafide cult classic and T2 is an action Sci-Fi extravaganza. It's an absolute masterpiece and has not, and never will be topped. There are a few films that are game changers that set a new standard. Die Hard is one example because I hear people (including me) comparing other action films to it and the original Star Wars trilogy, which is much the same. But T2 is something else. The story is still so dark when you examine it, even though it's takes on a slightly different tone to that of the first film but still manages to excite at the same time giving the viewer something to think about long after.

I've been watching T2 ever since I queued up at my local multiplex in 1991 where I saw it a number of times. The film is as enjoyable, if not more today than when it first came out. I watch all of the Terminator films a couple of times a year and enjoy them more with each viewing. The only thing that irritates me in T2 is Edward Furlong playing John Connor. I love the interaction between the T800 and JC but just can't stand Furlong with his teeth itching voice and piss boiling mannerisms. I think the John Connor in the third film, Rise Of The Machines is far better and plays the part far more convincingly (see my review). Also they should have dropped the rather silly line in T2, "I NEED A VACATION". It does not fit with the rest of the film.

Arguably, T2 is the better film, but I prefer the original. They are both 10 out of 10 but my personal favourite is The Terminator. T3 and the new film, Terminator Genisys (see my review) are worthy sequels that take the story in a slighty different direction but are nice little additions. The only misfire is Terminator Salvation which should have been a whole lot better.

If you are a collector, as I am, then I recommend the steel book Bluray versions of the four Terminator films (I can't comment on Salvation because I only have the standard Bluray). And it you really want to push the boat out, a full size Terminator skull bust of T2. I have one and it's looks great in my movie room next to my Predator bust. Both versions of T2 are on the Bluray, unlike the DVD where you only get the extended cut, unless you get the R1 version.

The special features on T2 are filled to the brim with everything including all the trailers. Remember the teaser trailer with the T800 being built and having Arnie clenching his fist and looking into the screen with his red eyes saying "I'LL BE BACK". I love that trailer and remember having sleepless nights waiting for the film to be released, thinking that Arnie was coming back as the villain. Perfect film and very fond memories.
on 14 September 2015
FIRST CLASS
on 5 November 2015
Good quality, great price, speedy delivery
on 15 September 2015