Customer reviews

Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:£4.99+ £3.99 shipping

on 24 August 2017
Loading times on this game are horrendous: PS3 can do more than this, the quickload became a bathroom break, in MP 1 and 2 I used a lot of save and load to get the perfect outcome, this game was too slow.
on 16 June 2012
WOW, WOW AND WOW. This is just what gaming should be. Max Payne 3 took a while to be released and for good reason. It has ticked EVERY box I have. The gameplay is amazing, the levels are varied and the storyline is fantastic. You cannot just go into a room and shoot 100000000000000 bullets and be fine, you have to actually think about which guns to use and how to use them.

The story line is the best bit though, starting off as a drunk, pain killing waster and finishing a vengeful, bald legend! You actually start feeling sorry for Max as the story progresses!

I would absolutley recommend this game if you like shooters, adevnture and a decent challenge.
on 24 March 2017
Good game perfect for people who love rpg games.
on 29 April 2017
Very happy with the game,
on 17 August 2017
great product,
on 9 February 2014
I liked it a lot, done it in 3 days.It s a game that would woo you in a heartbeat
on 14 April 2016
I never actually played any of the other Max Payne games but being me this game came out, looked really good and was far to lazy to play the others before playing this. This game looked good and I wanted to play it, so I brought it for the PS3 and it took me 6 months to complete simply because I wanted to make it last, I do that with all games really but this one I took the extra time with. I loved this game, it lived up to what I thought it would be like and I have recently brought it for my 360 and will be replaying it soon. Great shooter game, i actually thought this was going to be like Grand Theft Auto with the open world and you can select a mission whenever but I'm glad it wasn't to be honest. I will consider playing the others at some point but frankly there old now, can't be bothered all you need to know is that it's a great game. I can't say anything else as I haven't played the others so I won't be saying anything based on what was better or could have been done compared to the other 2 games, I enjoyed this game and that's all I can say.
on 24 October 2012
`Max Payne' is a franchise that is been in slumberland for some time. Back in the day it helped to develop and refine the slo-mo game mechanic that is prevalent in hundreds of games today. Originals cannot always remain relevant and perhaps this is why Rockstar decided to mothball the franchise until 2012, but in a world of bleakly realistic movies, is it not time for another game about the cynical cop with the leather coat and permanent sneer?

`Max Payne 3' is a mash up of what is new and what is old about the franchise. The game mechanic that made the series so popular in the first place remains intact and has been developed upon. Max is not one for cover and if you jump out at the enemy, time slows so that you can despatch your foe with pinpoint accuracy. The graphically quality and seamless integration of this slo-mo is far better than in the PS2 days and Rockstar have rightly structured the game around this mechanic. Although not as fresh as it used to be, gun time is still the most pleasurable aspect of the game.

The differences in `Max Payne 3' than in previous iterations come in terms of story and tone. Gone are the panels that made the game feel like an adult comic book and instead you get a bleak modern feel; part found footage, part `Children of God'. Max is as drunk as ever and prone to talking to himself, but the story is far more in-depth this time and the levels far more diverse and interesting.

Despite diversity in terms of level location, `Max Payne' still feels overlong in places, with the game mechanics remaining the same throughout. In the end it was the storyline that kept me playing till the end, because I was bored of the gameplay. Ceaseless jumping and shooting may have cut it in 2004, but a modern gamer needs a little more diversity to their game and `Max Payne' does not provide this. There is the added distraction of an online versus mode, but the main event is graphically and narratively compelling, but overlong and increasingly samey.
on 15 August 2016
They did a fantastic job in retaining the 'Max Payne' feel of this game whilst updating it for a modern console. My only problem was keeping up with the story and understanding who was who, which was made more apparent when replaying the game and didn't detract from my enjoyment from it too much the first time round. Still, it was the story of the last two games that really helped engross me, so that's why I've restrained from a full 5-star rating.
on 19 November 2012
I was initially very skeptical to buy this game, I absolutely loved Max Payne 1 and 2 and suddenly it seemed to me such a bad idea to have a Max Payne game set in Brasil with a much colored color pallet than the 2 initial games, since I loved the voice narration and the noir feel of the first games, I thought they had ruined the franchise. So I didn't buy this game right away, and waited for a price drop. I bought this game 2 weeks ago, and having now finished the game, I can honestly say, boy was I wrong. This is still the Max Payne I loved, the voice narration is a treat, with all the different catchy phrases Max says when he picks up the pills. The story, while not being revolutionary is well told, and enjoyable. The gameplay as always is awesome, mixing your typical cover shoot em ups (uncharted style) with bullet time. What impresses more overall though is the attention to detail in every single room/alley we visit and brasilian is spoken throughout the game, and for me as Portuguese I can tell you the voice acting was done superbly. I recommend to everyone still in doubt you pickup this game, hope you have as much fun as I had ;)

See one answered question