on 3 December 2013
Thermometer cooking is the way to go. Cooks through safely but you wont dry out your chicken or pork and gets your beef from rare to well done with precision.

This model had flexible settings and magnets to stick it to your oven.

Unfortunately after less than 2 years the thermocouple or electronics have gone askew and the temperature readings are way off

I think these cooking thermometers have a short life so i will buy a cheap one next and feel less cheated when it breaks.
on 6 January 2013
I bought this item at the end of 2011 and for a while it worked perfectly and I was pleased. I do not need to use it very often but late last year I found it was acting erratically and could not be relied on in respect of temperature of the probe although as a timer it was ok. However now it simply isn't working in the meat cooking mode and it has become a rather expensive timer. I cannot recommend this product and would definitely not suggest it's purchase to any one wanting to rely on it to cook meat accurately.
on 6 April 2011
Really great piece. Does exactly what it says it does and really does tell you when your cooking preferences have been reached. We have tried it with several types of meat and all have been cooked just as we liked. Easy to use, set and clean.
on 31 May 2013
I bought this as it was recommended by Donald Russell who supplies the most fantastic meat by mail order. They recommend slow cooking beef and you need this thermometer to do it right. I used it for cooking joints of beef in an Aga and it works wonderfully. The beef was cooked to perfection and I don't believe I could have done it without this thermometer.
on 14 April 2011
temperature probe inaccurate
the probe in room temperature was reading 3 degrees
higher than my other thermometers
the thermometer is a wast of money
on 14 January 2011
I have only used this thermometer a couple of times, but it seems to do the job. Only one problem I have found so far, is that when it says rare, medium or well done for beef for example, it doesn't say what kind of joint i.e. rump, topside, sirloin. These obviously have different cooking times. Would like to know if the temperatures are the same for any cut of beef.
on 7 January 2012
Great piece of kitchen equipment, but the fixed temperature of 82 degrees is too high for turkey. My turkeys have to now be cooked as beef on the medium setting for the alert and then monitored until the temperature is 74 degrees to be taken out of the oven. I cannot find a way of altering the set temperatures built into the thermometer.
on 9 June 2014
I ordered this and must say it never worked. From the moment I inserted it into the meat and put it in the oven, the reader gave an error message of HH. I originally thought it might be a faulty thermometer and recieved a replacement one and it also gave the error of HH and I simply stopped trying. Very disappointed.
on 3 January 2013
I bought this cooking thermometer to replace one which had failed after several years service. I used it for the first time when cooking a rib of beef for Christmas lunch. At some time during the process it gave up the ghost but I didn't notice immediately, as cooking Christmas lunch requires some multi-tasking. By the time that I realised that the meat was taking too long to cook it was already spoiled. My fault, I shouldn't have trusted the gadget on it's first use. Amazon have refunded my price for the thermometer but this is small consolation, the cost of the meat was several times greater and the disappointment excruciating. I am now in the market for a reliable device. Needless to say - it won't be by Kitchen Craft. If you are thinking of buying one of these my only advice has to be:Don't do it. Just give the meat to the dogs, it saves time and misery. Alternatively maybe Kitchen Craft could employ a Quality Control Engineer.
on 29 December 2014
Would have loved to keep this,it was great the two times we used it, then it fell off the counter top and instantly stopped working, simply sounds loud alarm and the LCD is blank. Returned via Amazon. Must be poorly constructed. Our old one froma different brand (5years old) that we were replacing has taken all sorts of batterings without issues, just simply wearing out. Well back to the old one until we find a suitable replacement, this one won't cut it.