Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 April 2010
All of the Robin Hood episodes are excellent. But...the series ended too soon. The production, which had rave reviews, should have continued. I'm thinking of Foyle's War, that was recently re-started with a 6th series, due to popular demand. Certainly, Robin Hood could also, with a different plotline; perhaps not dying of the poison after all. Location a problem? Then move to site in England or Ireland. The "scene/story has already been set" with the principals, and now, new areas of interest can be explored; Richard's return, etc. Excellent scenery, actors...but the series ended too soon.
on 30 May 2009
I miss Marian. She added a twang of romance into the film. Now, I feel there are too many girls on the scene. I don't like Lady isabella - how she keeps chopping and changing her mind about liking Robin is cringeworthy. I do like Kate though.
The adventures are the best in this series. I love the one where Prince John wants to be king and Robin steps in at the last moment. Richard Armitage is a fab actor. He makes an excellent sly Gisbourne...
I do find some bits are tacky though. How robin escapes so easily out of sticky situations is often far-fetched. I do enjoy watching the nail-biting sword fights and arguments though. Well done!
on 17 July 2014
loved it was glad to have watched it one episode after another one
on 16 September 2009
I was completely fascinated with series one and two and decided that I had to purchase series three. Since I couldn't find it anywhere in the U.S., I decided to check Amazon UK and found that they were selling series three. I watched intently and was glued to the TV for the duration of the entire series. This is a MUST have!
on 23 April 2016
A bit of a comic book story but good entertainment
on 11 July 2009
This last season was so much better than expected. Toby Stephens's mad brilliance, Jonas Armstrong's grief & pluck, Richard Armitrage's pain.

There's one episode, can't remember which, where the audiovisual's out of sync, but it's just that one.
on 18 October 2016
My sister enjoys the series very much!
on 24 October 2014
Awesome series finally bought the DVD
on 2 May 2016
perfect, now i have the whole set!
on 19 January 2015
Great price, one happy daughter.