on 30 July 2010
Just bought this Guitar, it's my first electric....came in 1 day of despatch so well done amazon! In this review I will give you the pros and cons of this guitar.

Pros:
Everything a begginer needs to start at brilliant value
Lots of settings on the guitar to change the sound
Looks great!
Great build quality
The amp is pretty good
Sound is better than the basic Strat which is also on this website at £99.98 cuerrently(Encore KC3T). Sent that one back
The playability is quite good so far
Really good guitar stand included

Cons:
Very heavy (your body will adapt to the weight like it has for me, maybe not with yound people though)
Tuner is useless...this problem can be fixed though as there are many internet videos that will show you how to hand tune

Conclusion:
This in my opinion is one of the Best Encores for begginers...Definately worth the extra money from the cheaper encores. Even with the few minor problems, this guitar still gets 5 stars from me. I would definately recommend this guitar to anyone who wants to learn.
on 10 February 2011
I bought this guitar package about two years ago. It has everything that you need to get started. The guitar is a Les Paul copy so it's heavy, that's just the way they are. The amp isn't great but for a beginner it's all you need. The guitar's stayed in tune well and the playability has been great. There is fret buzz on the sixth and fifth string near the top and the intonation had to be fixed but for this money you can't go wrong.
on 8 April 2013
Extremely soft strings that you could fret with your tongue. If you have fingers with skin on them, you'll want to upgrade the strings straight away. I experienced a considerable amount of fret buzz with the strings fitted as standard. The spare set of strings included are of the same weight and now sit in the bin.
I bought a set of Ernie Ball PowerSlinky (11/48) strings and the fret buzz has largely vanished.

The tuners aren't the best, and are very easy to turn either way - the guitar doesn't stay in tune for too long.

Otherwise, though: It looks, sounds, and feels superb. Excellent balance meaning you're not supporting the neck with your fret hand.
Stand is handy, amp is OK at a push for electric violin practice - I have a Line6 amp and needed this one for 'er indoors to practice her violin - sound is superb for that, but didn't seem to be much good at a grungy metal guitar track.

Overall, a cracking little guitar with a few miscellaneous bits you may/may not need. If I hadn't already got most of the things I need, it'd have me set up and playing.
on 4 June 2014
I do like my guitar. it looks amazing however i bought the wrong amplifier it's not great. anyone wants to get a guitar for intermediate level; it's a good one try it
on 10 December 2014
A first-time player and having a blast. Sounds ace, exactly what I expected and the only issue I have is the strap. Seems to be a bit too short. Strap hasn't broken yet (not tried the jump & play lesson yet) - but would be looking to get a new one in a few weeks.

I don't know anything about guitars, but I would venture to say that this is a really good first-timer's guitar. At 30, it suits me & sounds like how I expected.
on 19 November 2014
I have owned this guitar for almost three years now and I must say, it is brilliant. Has a good weight to the body and the fret board and neck feel great in your hands. I've had no problems with it so far except my bridge came off but that was my own fault, not the fault of the guitar/manufacturer. Came in time for last Christmas too so excellent shipping.
on 5 November 2015
It's good for beginners, but i recommend getting better strings. The tone in mine wasn't as pleasing as I liked. Also I must've hit it somewhere so winding peck that houses the G string rattles sometimes. It's not picked up by amps and stuff but it might be annoying. It made that noise from arrival
on 25 May 2013
The kit contains everything you need. The amp and tuner is of a good quality. The guitar itself gives the impression of quality but is extremely heavy and would never keep in tune. I struggled with it for six months and then sold it and bought a pacifica - there is simply no comparison.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2013
Guitar great, amp great, stand pathetic. Fell apart in 2 hours. Too much hassle returning the whole lot just for a stand.
Only the stand is very low/poor quality. The rest is great. Pity it spoilt the ensemble
on 20 June 2013
I have to say even though I had to return the first one that was sent due to the amp being faulty. I was very happy with the service and the product. Great value for money,