Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£13.79+ £1.26 shipping

on 20 March 2009
This is a DVD that you can watch over and over again and still keep picking up usefull stuff. The film sequences and spoken commentary make it all very clear and easy to understand for both the novice and experienced rider. The part about the VISUAL POINT is a brilliant revelation! Also great to study before doing the Mike Waite practical course.
on 4 September 2017
Dated footage, but gets the message across and helped me stay safe on the crazy UK roads.
on 18 May 2016
Really useful video. This has really helped me in my riding and I believe that I am a safer rider through following the techniques I've learnt from this video.
on 31 May 2017
Helped me ride better around bends etc. Well worth a look
on 1 May 2009
An enjoyable and extremely useful DVD with clear instruction and commentary explaining use of the visual point to making progress as well as a strong emphasis on road safety. Ideal for the enthusiast or someone just starting out.
on 16 April 2009
I found this such a useful DVD. So much so that I am considering going through the course as well. Very informative and so relaxed.
on 27 May 2013
This DVD is excellent, clear to follow, easy to understand and Mike explains the subject at hand in a very clear and concise manner.

If you're a biker or driver for that matter and you want to be a safer rider/driver, no matter how many years experience or how good you think you are, this DVD is a must-have and a bargain at that.

Although I always try to think of myself as being a rubbish/slow/novice rider (and I am!) watching this DVD has taught me to corner more safely and has given me valuable knowledge and tools for dealing with hazards such as summits and corners. This DVD has also given me an even higher found respect for the skill of police riders. Mike is an excellent rider (as shown in this video) and although the purpose of this DVD is not to show how great Mike is, it gives you an idea of the level that can be achieved if you work at it and practice your skills in a safe way.

To give you a rough idea about the content of the DVD, the subject of the visual point is in my opinion the most important subject on this DVD, is covered in some depth and will no doubt help any rider who watches this DVD to corner more effectively and more importantly in a safe manner. I've been driving for 11 years and riding for 3 years and nobody has ever taught me about the visual point. Once you've learned it though, the knowledge is invaluable and you can use it for both driving and riding.

In summary, the subjects covered on this DVD are extremely useful and I thoroughly recommend that all bikers/drivers purchase and watch this DVD. Twice. You won't regret it one bit and it WILL help you be a safer rider/driver.

As an aside, Mike is a very friendly chap and posted this out to me in double quick time so top marks for customer service there too.

Thanks again, Mike and safe riding.
on 7 April 2009
A great DVD worth every penny. In a very clear and concise way you are taught the power of observation and position which when put in to practise is a revelation. Faster yet safer; should come with an insurance discount voucher. Highly recommended.
on 15 January 2011
in one way I don't like to give this 3 stars but I have to point out what the DVD does not:
two things: 1. the lifesaver, or over the shoulder look, before any major move on a bike, is not mentioned or demonstrated. This is a must and has saved me on more than one occasion, not only on a motorbike but also in a car.
2. Mike Waite is an extraordinarily skilled rider. He can ride close to other bikes and get away with it, but he has to understand mere mortals like us need to stay back and remember the two second rule.
Other than that I love the video and it condenses several significant lessons into one. You will learn a lot from this and it needs to be viewed several times. This video will shorten your learning curve and save you money.
These techniques will also save lives!
on 15 January 2012
This guy is clearly a hugely skilled rider, and the average rider (and I include myself here) can learn loads from this. BUT use your head, and don't use this alone to improve your skills - get some advanced training too. Once you have, check the video out again and you'll start to notice things that don't quite gel with what you've been taught - safe following distances, overtaking without causing car drivers to brake (to be fair, that was his student, not him, but not a good example), some interesting road positioning, no lifesavers...
As he says at the start of the vid, look at what goes on and use your own judgement, but factor in the fact that your own ability will be a fair bit less that his, so exercise caution.
Positives - an extensive section on the visual point, which I found useful. Negatives - other than what I've said, nothing other than a helmet-mounted cam would have been better to demonstrate the visual point and cross views...Great Roads-Great Rides 2 was good in this respect.