on 28 July 2017
Absolutely superb concert. Have read some of the technical comments made, short of actually being there, this is the next best thing "Voodoo Child" abcolutely standout. 10 / 10 well done Eric and Steve.
on 2 March 2011
I'd echo some others' comments about the intrusive 'intro' chats. The visuals are fine, the music is great, but the sound is NOT HD. I wouldn't have bothered with the blu-ray version if I'd known. What excuse can there be for no HD sound on a modern concert recording? Standard DTS is OK but the difference is clear when you hear a true HD recording (e.g. Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts - SUPERB sound quality, especially the bass levels).
on 29 July 2009
Clapton has always been at the leading edge of CDs and DVDs in terms of visual and audio quality, with the Cream Reunion probably being the best. This, in contrast, looks to emulate the bootlegs on YouTube with sound and visuals that could have been recorded on a good video camera in the audience. Whereas the great sounding Blu-Ray music DVDs have bit rates around the 5mbs, this is 'down' at the 2.2mbs, but I think it's the production that's lacking; anyone listening on a good system/headphones will be disappointed.

I guess the reality is that with Blu-ray you expect more; the visuals and sound you just don't quite get with DVD. This Blu-ray, however, seems like a straight copy of the DVD.

That said, the concert is excellent and there are some standout songs. Clapton pushes himself much harder than at his recent RAH concerts. As the other reviewers have mentioned--put the interview segments as Extras and don't break up the concert!
on 22 May 2009
I was so looking forward to this DVD,having already seen an unofficial release of the concert.The music is fantastic,Clapton and Winwood on top form throughout,the three piece band with them are spot on.The choice of music is just perfect,so you ask why only the four stars for it? What's the disappointment ,well it's marred by the return to a studio for either EC or SW to talk some more about the songs or something of the past between each song,,it just ruins the run of the concert.One of the best songs of the set was what was on the night the second song in J J Cale's 'Low Down',here omitted from the main concert set and stuck as a bonus on the second disc of extras.Take the annoying talk out,return it to it's proper place in the set and it's a wonderful moment.I fail to see the reasoning in this I must admit where this chat could have been put into the bonus items and not interrupting the main concert film.I could understand this on the Crossroads set a little as it was over two days,but this is really not wanted,as it ruins as I've said the flow and feel of what was a fabulous trio of gigs.
44 Comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2011
Bought the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood DVD for my husband after he saw a small part of it on television. He loves it and so do I, it's Clapton at his very best, and although neither of us were great fans of Steve Winwood now relise how good he is and how well they complement each other. As there is so little to watch on TV these days my husband,s favorite parts of the DVD are played most evenings. In fact I have now bought the accompanying CD for the car. Looking forward to their shows at the Royal Albert Hall at the end of May, hope the DVD of that is half as good as this one.
on 2 November 2011
A wonderful combination Clapton- Winwood. I've not seen such a good concert in a long time. Just wish I'd been old enough to see them when they made up Blind Faith. Definitely something not to be missed.
on 4 August 2009
This excellent dvd captures a superb concert performance from Clapton and Winwood for those of us who were not fortunate enough to be there in person. The picture and sound quality are up to the usual high standards and I found no problem with this, contrary to other reviewers.
Likewise the very short interview clips between songs now and then did nothing to detract from the concert for me personally and their memories were quite entertaining.
Too many highlights to list them all, but After Midnight, Pearly Queen and Double Trouble stand out.
All in all a superb dvd well worth the price.
on 19 May 2013
I would strongly recommend this DVD to any die hard fans of Eric Clapton or Steve Winwood. You can see that they are two good friends on the stage together..
on 8 June 2014
I saw this concert and is my modus following such a viewing I opened up a laptop and ordered a copy of both the DVD and CD. As a fan of both Eric Clapton, who I have seen in concert several times and Steve Winwood, who I would like to see live I found this completed a link in the history of these two fine performers. I recommend DVD for any fans out there of either or both these artists.
on 26 May 2011
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood just excel their musical talents to a level not achieved by many Musicians an excellent DVD