on 24 May 2013
OK so when I brought this I actually wasn't paying attention and was expecting a 5.25" fanbus, so I was a little shocked when it arrived and was designed to fit in a 3.5" floppy bay. Luckily my new case had such a slot, and since I had no floppy drive to put into it this fanbus was fitted instead.

And I have to say it is a pretty nice piece of kit. It has no lights on it, so it doesn't draw attention to itself or distract you, and the knobs on it turn smoothly. I am currently running two Nexus 120mm fans off it with absolutely no problem at all.

The knobs on the front don't allow you to turn the fans fully off; I'm not sure what kind of voltage swing you get with the pots but I would guess somewhere between 7V and 12V since even with them turned all the way down, my fans keep spinning (and 7V is about the minimum that will drive a Nexus 120mm).

The fitting was easy, it came with enough screws and properly labeled cables and converters and the metal has a nice finish too. So from me there are no complaints what so ever. If you're looking for such a device, this one has no drawbacks that I can think of!
on 1 July 2014
Very easy to install. I have four fans in an msi micro atx case which was very loud at maximum speed, and for a long time now which was so annoying. The Q-fan (Quiet-fan) setting in the Asus motherboard bios settings is shadowed out now for some reason, maybe due to updating the bios or just blown? It did work when I first bought the main board, but now it does not work in software or bios for some reason. After installing the Scythe Kaze Q Case Fan with four different colored 3-pin fan (40 cm) extension cables, I am shocked to see how quiet the p.c. is now. The fans never go off completely. I have all four dials at minimum. I can sleep now with the p.c. on. It's that quiet. I would recommend this item to anybody. I just purchased some cable ties to quickly tidy up the cables and great!!! This item comes with a power cable and four 3-pin fan extension cables. I used two of them, as two of the front twin fans had the wrong mating connectors. I am shocked how quiet my p.c. is and have full control of all the fan speeds. I recommend this item to anybody using 3-pin fans. If I do a motherboard upgrade in the near future, I don't think I will bother using the motherboard fan header now to control the fans. Even better, I don't have to hunt for a future main board with multiple fan headers!!!! My successful solution to a very quiet uatx computer. I think the fitting inside the floppy-drive bay looks very cool. Many, many thanks. Made me smile!!!!
on 8 October 2014
Supports 4 fans. Fits a 3.5 drive bay. Does the job without any issues. One thing I really liked about it is that it's modular, so if you only want 1 or 2 fans connected, you don't have to find somewhere to stash away extra cables. No LCD display or anything fancy, if all you want is a simple fan controller then this would be it.
on 25 March 2014
Nice looking controller that fits perfectly with my case. Comes with 4 labelled fan cable extensions. I always like Scythe products as they are well made and work well.

The actual dials themselves are very smooth and have a nice range from very low to max speed.
on 16 March 2012
Looks well built and more importantly, does exactly what's required. Controls all my fans without issues and fitted into my hard drive bay nicely as i wanted it to be inside the case rather than on show.

If you're even sneaky, can buy the 1.99 startech tx fan splitter cable on Amazon and run two fans off one plug/control.

Ended up buying mine off ebay for cheaper from ADMI (yeah, go figure that!?)
on 13 June 2015
Got one of these bad boys taped to the back of my case to stop my fans sounding like an American after a seadorf salad. Does the job. Unless you you don't care about it being on the front (or you can buy a bracket) this is a deal.
on 27 August 2014
Well, it Does what its supposed to do. Nothing too fancy but the brushed steel is a nice finish. But the best part was getting a free bag of Haribos in the packet! Haha great service!
on 28 June 2011
Easy to fit, very simple and elegant, works well with a black case and shuts up all my aux. fans when I'm not gaming.
on 19 June 2016
I needed a fan controller, even then I only really needed 2 channels at most.

After hooking it all up I discover the the 1st fan controller is dead, 2nd channel works okay (haven't tested 3rd or 4th yet).

It's pathetic that it was broken on arrival, the only reason I haven't returned it is because it's genuinely not work the effort (also due to me only needing 1/2 channels, not all 4)

Don't skim on a fan controller, avoid this one and get something better, seriously.
on 14 July 2014
I installed this in a Cooler Master N300 case in the floppy drive slot on a new-build, I hadn't even bought my motherboard, processor or anything yet, I just had it running to bleed the air out of a watercooling loop and just to run the fans off an old PSU, within 3 weeks of turning the PSU on in the morning and off at night, it failed all of a sudden on fan control 1, 2 and 3 (left to right) and now only controls on number 4. I've no idea what the problem is, but it seems like I'm not the first to encounter this according to some forums.

Not only this, but behind the nice, smooth feel knobs and brushed aluminium face plate, the connections feel very flimsy and fragile, the whole PCB seems to wobble about and it just has a tacky feel to it. I didn't even bother with a refund, it just went straight in the bin after a few days checking connections and re-soldering my fan connectors.