Format: DVD|Change

on 25 June 2010
I have really enjoyed using this dvd, it got me back into fitness and now I have joined a gym!

I was looking for a dvd that used a resistance band and this was one of the few I found. I have limited space in my flat so unfortunately cant do the normal cardio fitness dvds.

I liked the fact that the dvd was split into 5 x 10 minute sections so I could just do a few sections a day if I didnt have time for more. I would have liked some of the sections to be longer as the 10mins flies by especially with a 1/2 min warm up and stretch at the end, but means you can work more body parts!

The dvd is as hard as you make it as obviously you can use different strengths of resistance bands. The trainer is motivating but the music could have been better. There are not many resistance based dvds on the market but I would recommend this one!
on 10 April 2010
This DVD is well worth the money!!!!! Excellent workout for the total body. Split into 10 minute segments so you can customise and fit into your day. I am now a huge fan of resistance band exercises because of this dvd. Word of warning though - the pace is very fast and the instructor is very quick with these exercises which is something to get used to!!!!! Mind you, there is no time to get bored and this is one of my favourite exercise programmes with an instructor that I really like as well! If you want an all over workout that really works then this is the one to get!!!!!!
on 12 November 2010
well, yes, the instructor is a little fast, but then again, this is not a relaxation cd. She makes you work hard and you do see the result pretty quickly.
Alright, you just about have the time to reach the floor to do the push ups that she has already done about 2, and she does not give you the chance to untangle your band that got stuck under your trainers, but then again, she is on a dvd and you have the control with the remote.
great buy, really good value. bands are cheap (does not come with the DVD) and you really just need one to start with: the green one is the easiest one. Then later on, maybe, you will need the tighter ones for more resistance. but to start, trust me, the green one is more than enough.
enjoy
on 21 June 2011
I have tried 3 of the 10 minute solutions and this is a great one, its so good I do the entire dvd every time, and it makes you feel like youve worked out. Ive got the belly but and thigh blaster which is very good but not like this one. the boot camp one I did once and found boring. I bought an extra heavy resistance band for £3.99 off amazon (the black one)and its perfect for the dvd. once I reach the end of each 10 minutes I dont feel like Ive had enouth, which I guess spurs me to keep going. I work out regularly already but this is a great new way for me, and I plan to memorise the moves so I can use them on holiday!! I cant fault this workout really!
on 11 June 2011
Good but energenic for a 64 year old. I chose what I want and as much as I want. A 20 year old person will soon be able to to do all of the exercises and can upgrade to the next band. Warm up exercises are included to use before using the band. There were 3 bands in what we bought so should suit every even the muscle bound.
on 14 January 2010
The only problem I found with this workout is that all the exercises are strongly reliant on using a resistance band. However, even without this, or with weights as a substitute, this is one of the most effective workouts I've tried. You can immediately feel the effect on your muscles, but it is energising rather than exhausting. Great if you want fast results.
on 4 January 2010
If you have to choose just one dvd, choose this one. The teacher is great and the exercises really make your body work.
on 26 August 2015
This dvd is fantastic. I have had it for two weeks and can already see results.

As many reviewers say, it is quite fast but a lot of the problem with this is how easy it is to position the band quickly rather than the speed of the exercises themselves. I spent a couple of days doing the routines without a band so I wasn't having to focus on too many things at once. My biggest advice would be to invest in a NON-LATEX band as the one used in the dvd is flimsy and not easy to use. Changing band made all the difference for me.

What I like about the routines is that they give you an overall workout even though it is aimed at novices. The only areas I don't feel are covered adequately are the calves, and I think the tricep exercises could be better but it is easy to resolve these yourself once you get the hang of things. I have also adjusted a couple of the exercises, eg, one of the abs exercises is quite demanding if you have had children.
on 15 November 2012
I have done absolutely no exercise for years and years now and the thought of doing an hour long class terrifies me. I wanted to by a beginners DVD so that I could build my fitness so that one day a class would be a doddle.

This DVD is my first and it is wonderful. It is very easy to follow and the exercises come in short bursts which mean people like me can acutally do the whole routine. As you get fitter you can build up to longer and longer workouts and you can increase the intensity by using firmer resistance bands. I am sure someone who is fit would find a better work out elsewhere but for me this has been a fantastic first step and I feel fitter already.
on 20 February 2012
Found this to be a good workout, only been doing it for about two weeks but happy with the excercises.