Customer reviews

10 Minute Solution - Pilates On The Ball [DVD] [2008]
Format: DVD|Change

on 30 July 2014
Great Item, only got chance to use it once so far, for the first two 10minute sessions and believe me when I say YOU FEEL IT, I brought this thinking it will be like Pilates which I do anyway but easier with a ball, I was wrong, This Dvd really makes you work it, which I guess is obvious when you think about it as it is a short workout.

I recommend this item, however You will need a fair amount of space to do this properly, As in lying down in the middle of a room and being able to put a meter ruler from your body in any direction (with arms above head or stretched out to the side). << HINT.

Hopefully I can keep doing it, as I can feel that this will be one of the few work outs that work!
on 19 March 2017
Added to my collection of workouts on disc - I like to mix & match with something new.
on 30 August 2017
No idea, was a present
on 16 March 2017
It's pk but a bit large
on 21 January 2010
Even though I do pilates workouts already I did find this quite difficult as it is fast paced.
on 17 March 2010
I have got quite a few of the 10 minute solution DVDs now and I am really happy with this one too. I am not the best Pilates enthusiast, and did struggle with some of the moves, but I am sure I will improve in time!! This DVD gives you lots of ideas for work with the ball, and still feel muscles working which you forgot you had, because of the different workouts you complete. Still great that you can swap and change which workouts you do, I worked with the Kickboxing and Blast off Belly fat this morning for a great Aerobic and Abs workout. Definately recommend to anyone!!
on 26 June 2009
I'm a huge fan of the 10 Minute Solution Pilates DVDs and the latest, Pilates on the Ball, is an excellent addition to the series - the most intensive workout of the collection, due to the extra effort required working with the ball.

There are 5, 10 minute Pilates ball workouts, on abs, upper body (arms and back), lower body (legs and buns), a total body workout and a stretching session. I always start with abs to get my mid-section warmed up ('the powerhouse') then choose at least 2 other workouts, sometimes doing all the sections for a very rewarding 50 minute workout.

I would say this is aimed at an intermediate/advanced level, however with practice, all the moves can be mastered. It looks really easy, but when I did it for the first time, I was laughing so much as the ball kept escaping from me, but within a week, I had got in under control, yay!

Lara Hudson is an excellent instructor, giving clear direction and breathing cues (could have done with more of those) while always praising and encouraging your efforts. There are new twists on classic Pilates moves, and you will really work hard to hit all the targeted areas with some innovative and challenging movements. You'll have fun (diving over the ball is great for your inner child!) and feel the burn at the same time.

In summary, you get straight down to it, not a second is wasted and you will benefit from each intensive and fluid 10 minutes. So many muscles groups are worked at the same time, in each workout, so even though you are say, working your lower body, because your muscles will be concentrated on keeping the ball under control, you are getting an intense workout in other areas too, bonus!

If you like this, I would recommend checking out the these other 10 Minute Solution's Pilates DVDs: 'Rapid Results', 'Perfect Body' and 'Solution', all excellent. I've been working out to these for nearly a year (along with doing cardio) up to 6 times a week, and can definitely see and feel the results. In addition to working towards a leaner and more sculpted body, your posture will improve and you'll learn breathing techniques which really help with relaxing - what more could you ask for!
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2009
I bought this DVD hoping to shake up my pilates routines and add a bit of variety to my exercises. I have several of the 10 Minute Solutions Pilates DVDs and this one is one of the most enjoyable as well as being extremely effective. The ball takes away any complacency you may have if you are used to doing pilates, as you have to really (as in, REALLY) use your muscles to stay on it. You will certainly know about it a couple of days later!

Lara Hudson is an excellent instructor and she inevitably makes it look easy, but it will take all but the most proficient a while to perfect these routines.

There is no down-side to this DVD. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys pilates and is exercising at home. It's worth every penny. Just make sure you buy a ball to go with it, as unsurprisingly, the ball isn't included.
on 16 August 2012
This is a very good tape for all over toning. It has 5 x 10 minute sections which concentrates on Abs, Lower Body, Upper Body, Flexibility and Total Body in turn. The exercises are mostly at a realistic level for those that want to do only moderate exercise. You don't need a lot of space but a good quality exercise mat is a must.
on 2 November 2010
This DVD is just what I wanted. There are 5 x 10 minute sessions, with the 5th one an amalgamation of the other 4. You can run the 5 sessions together to make a 50 minute session.
There are some bits I can do and some that I cannot do yet, so there is enough to stretch (eeek) me at the moment. Just staying on the ball is a challenge until you get muscle control. For the bits that I can't do fully, altenatives are offereed to keep you involved. I am very happy with my purchase.