on 14 April 2010
I purchased this camcorder for my grandson (9) - but had I seen the quality of this product before I bought my videocam, I would have got this one for myself! It's a handy size, and recording images are clear, it also takes photos, and you can expand the memory (which is quite small) with up to 8gb memory card - what more could you ask for the price?

Great little product.
18 people found this helpful
on 7 December 2015
Great product and service thanks
on 12 October 2012
Just bought said vivitar camcorder from amazon to replace my old one. Paid for a 8x times digital zoom got shipped a 4x times digital zoom. Does the trading standards office know about you people I like to be kissed before I am screwed will be returning ti asap. Beware future customers.
on 14 July 2013
My 10 year old loves it. So easy to use and robust. She actually took it away on a school trip and it came back in one piece.
on 14 December 2010
Bought this camera for my partner for christmas and decided to give it to him earlier as we were going away and thought it a perfect oportunity. I was fully aware this was only a £40 camera and only spent this as I knew we wouldn't use it much - maybe 4 times a year and for messing about. However for £40 i would expect much much more. The menus on the camera are very blocky and makes it look like the camera has crawled out of the back end of the 90s. The settings are reset every time the camera is switched off and on again.. Picture quality and lighting is very poor, it would seem that the camera will only pick you up under industrial lighting.The controls are in odd positions and even with the wrist strap this make is very difficult to hold and use with just one hand. I found it also quite difficult to hold being the shape it was. The video picture was extremely grainy and however much the settings were played with, nothing seemed to make this any better. I am unsure why this is described as a HD camera, never mind a camera over 4MP. The photo quality was also shocking.
To make matters worse, the TV out lead sent out with the camera was not compatable.
Not worth the money.
9 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 August 2010
Received this as an unwanted gift.Tried it out a few times on HD.Zoom function was very limited.Picture quality was poor to mediochre.Could find a replay audio adjust function on the camera without lookin at disc...so playbacks were unwantedly booming loud!The sound is very powerful.Eventually got fed up and accepted second hand offer to sell with box and all accessories @15.00 Pounds.
Small pictures-limited zoom-OK for close shooting but far away not much more than a toy I.M.H.O.
6 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 August 2010
I bought this product for my granddaughter for her 17th birthday.
She was very pleased with it on the day,easy to operate. Good to look at, compact and convenient to carry around. Impressed with the rotating screen. I have not had any adverse follow up. So I give this a camcorder full marks and recommend.
2 people found this helpful