Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£11.99

on 20 July 2015
These guys have made a winning album about maths. Drawn to it by the wonderful song Nonagon, the numbers from 0-10 are beautifully captured in musical form. A must for children of all ages, this is TMBG at their best. Catchy, not cheesy, and certainly inventive, their songs last way beyond the first listen! The DVD is also beautifully distracting with different styles of animation and a mini-film mode to watch the whole show from beginning to end. If you think the last number song is the end, you're wrong! It continues with some more fun songs from their other projects. A must-own CD.
on 30 October 2011
My daughter was given this 2 weeks ago for her 4th birthday by a friend who is the mother of another 4 year old. She recommended it saying that the songs were bearable for repetition in the car. What an understatement!!!!!! We have just got back from half term in Scotland and the songs have echoed round my head for the whole holiday. I have woken up singing 'there's only one everything' (still cant fully explain that concept to my 6 year old daughter) and fallen asleep wondering where in the 813 mile car trip the spilt cup of orange juice happened? The constant refrain of the holiday (as quoted above) has been the shout of 'we want cake, where's our cake'? Those 7's and their cake........though my favourite is the monkey called Larry. And we haven't even watched the cd yet..........
Educational benefits aside this is a wonderful cd that is more than bearable with fabulously random lyrics. Slap me five TMBG (whoaaaa) - am now looking to buy the other abcs and science.
on 7 May 2008
High-octane educational pop tunes, which we love too!!!! Brilliant DVD too. Quirky and full-on, but very very listenable........we have it on repeat play at the moment
:-)
on 31 January 2014
Our little boy (nearly 2) and us love this CD! It's classic TMBG at their best, and little one loves jigging along to it. One of his older buddies knows all his numbers from singing along so much, and I suspect we're heading in the same direction!!
on 26 November 2008
My son and I both love this album - it's great to see him enjoying music that I adore as well. The music is brilliant, the humour is fantastic and They Might Be Giants are the best band in the whole world!

Teach your kids about numbers and show them there is an alternative to the rubbish music that is out there!

Well done to TMBG and a very big thank you for providing us with some wonderful music!
on 30 July 2011
This was the first TMBG CD for kids we bought. I was looking for a more entertaining listen for long journeys than the usual nursery rhyme hell for my 5 and 2 year olds. We have not been disappointed. This is a gem- we also have the alphabet one which is also good but this one has the edge. The songs are quirky and fun and the animated DVD brings it to life in such a creative way all children are hooked. I am buying this for all friends with pre school children although this is not in any way babyish and older children can fully appreciate the humour. If you don't believe in dumbing down your kids there is some challenging vocabulary like the triops and the nonagon all presented in a totally accesible way, yes parents can learn too! If you have older children see my review on the Here Comes Science which is even more of a revelation.
on 8 July 2010
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The songs, and videos on this CD/DVD are amazing. Not only do my children (boy 5, girl 2) love them, but myself and my husband do too. You will not be able to get the songs out of your head. My children ask me to put it on all the time. Our favourite songs on it are "Pirate Girls 9", "Seven" and "Never Go To Work". We will also be buying "Here come the ABCs" CD/DVD. This is a FANTASIC product. It's extremely emtertaining, and really hilarious in places. Wonderful animation on the videos.... I can't believe more people don't know about They Might Be Giants. I'm now a BIG fan!
on 12 June 2010
Ok, so an item has good reviews, but we all know that doesn't automatically mean it will be a hit. However, THIS COMPLETELY IS!!!!! I hoped it would go down well with all my brood, but never imagined how well. They love it and so do I! Fun, Funky and quirky. Perfect combination.
on 14 August 2011
This is a wonderful cd of tunes for kids with a great learning element. My 2 and 4 year olds absolutely love this cd and request it every time we get in the car. Luckily for them the songs are so great that Mum and Dad are happy to oblige.
on 17 November 2010
I bought this primarily for the DVD. We had seen 'Even Numbers' on the Disney channel and my daughter loves it. We then watched it on YouTube when she started asking for it and came across the other videos. We now have the CD on all the time in the car as it keeps her happy! The tunes are really catchy although the lyrics are a little odd at times, my husband and I find ourselves singing them all the time! If you use the DVD it is great help for learning to recognise numbers, my daughter regularly points out numbers and tells me what they are and I think the repetition of the figures in the videos coupled with the songs has had a lot to do with it - she is only 2 and a half.