on 6 August 2009
I've used this cd since my little girl was 12wks and she is now is 34months, and she still asks for it to be put on every night, she has always slept well with it on. My baby is now 8wks and i've just ordered another 1 for to listen to in our room and hopefully it will have the same effect.
Would recommend this to anyone
on 23 July 2008
sorry to see that this CD has got a bad review as I think it is wonderful. My son can't go to sleep without it, it really helps him to relax and unwind. I think the fact that it isn't the original version is good, as the tracks are shorter and don't get too loud which is often the case with classical music. I really like listening to it too, I think it is well made!
on 14 February 2010
We've got this CD as a present from our friends and it just gives the perfect background music to the evening. We use it when our 5 months old is feeding and drifting off to sleep. We can only recommend it!
on 22 March 2008
Have played this CD at bedtime for my daughter since she was born and have found it very calming, perfect as part of her bedtime routine. I believe that she enjoys the music and has learnt to associate the CD with winding down. I think the CD is a lovely introduction to classical music, with the individual tracks being short and played in a perfect style for little ears. I really recommend it.
on 20 April 2009
We bought a few of these Baby Einstein CDs for our baby boy (so this review concerns all three titles) and to be honest I'm rather disappointed with the content. The tracks are mostly produced with electronic sounds which imitate their acoustic sources. There are a few acoustic solos but overall the sound is sequenced (and in places rather badly too). If I were after a cover of club/dance classics such production would be great, but here, we are talking about acoustic music. The Lullaby Classics CD would benefit from real acoustic instruments especially. I want my baby to hear these compositions as they were suppose to sound - perhaps with simpler arrangements than the original full blown orchestrations, as not to overload our baby's hearing - but nonetheless using acoustic instruments. So, not really 'Baby Einstein', but more like 'Baby Muzak'... I see myself compiling my own selection of gentle and soothing classical music compositions, which really don't need that electronic-computerised approach to benefit my baby boy. :-(
22 Comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2010
So glad I purchased Baby Einstein - Lullaby Classics. Baby hasn't arrived yet, but I am playing it every night and the CD is just long enough to play before I drop off to sleep. Am hoping it will do the same for baby when he arrives! I have put the other titles in the series on my Christmas List because I am sure baby will love it.
on 27 February 2008
i found the CD nice to listen to, never been a gerat lover of classical music but this CD is calming and relaxing. i play the CD at bath time and at night when winding down. my daughter seems to like it as much as her nursery rhymes. i think this CD would be nice to listen to when you are pregnant. i think it is a nice introduction to classical music.
on 7 December 2009
I was a bit worried about getting this cd as reading the reviews, it did't seam good. But it is really good, and my little one seams to nod off only after about 2 songs.
It's gret
on 1 February 2009
This is an excellent CD with lullabies suitable for babies, children and adults alike. The music lulls you into a nice relaxed state and can be enjoyed anywhere
on 23 March 2004
I bought this CD for my daughter after listening to lots of different cheesy CD's which were unlikely to soothe and relax her! I have to say that this CD is lovely, all 17 tracks are very restful and have certainly calmed and helped my daughter off to sleep - works a treat on husbands too! I must admit that I was a little sceptical about the effectiveness / aims of the Baby Einstein products but can strongly recommend this CD to any parent!