Customer reviews

on 9 August 2017
I used to love the little mermaid as a child and I had to have this album.
on 7 May 2014
This dvd is fab! I brought it for my little girl as I loved it as a child and I know she will love it too
on 19 April 2004
I personaly love the little mermaid, and would probably love this even if it was sung by someone like bob dylan(!),but if you like catchy tunes, and you loved the movie, then this is for you!
on 23 October 2006
When I was a very little girl, my parents told me the story about a little mermaid that written by Anderson. This was one of the most wonderful stories that I couldn't forget. Several years later, I watched the movie "The Little Mermaid" of Disney. I was deeply attracted by it. And what attracted me most was the music in it. Then my parents bought this soundtrack CD for me as my 14th birthday gift.

I suppose many girls' favorite song in this soundtrack is "Part of Your World". I love this song very much. It still feels so classic even though almost 20 years went by. In this song, Ariel showed that she was so eager to go up to the land. Though the tune is tender and slow, we can feel Ariel's heart and her dreams were so strong, feel how much she believed that her dreams would come true someday. Beautiful and glorious instrumental music, lovely lyric with sweet and dreamy lady vocal, all these made this song so classic and will always be classic. The reprise version of "Part of Your World" is so great as the original version. The tableaux of this reprise version are most unforgettable to me in this movie. "I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now." I'm deeply attracted by this song when every time I listen to it. After I listened to this song, I began to pay more attention to songs that created by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken or performed by Jodi Benson. The song "Under the Sea" is really famous to every Disney fan, though it's not my favorite in the movie. This song is a typical song for the sea in my opinion. It's full-filled with Caribbean feelings, spirited tune, comical lyric and Sebastian's wonderful vocal. At first, I thought Sebastian's voice was strange, and I always skipped "Under the Sea" when every time I listened to this soundtrack. But now, I love his voice very much, then I bought the album "Sebastian from The Little Mermaid" and often listen to it. "Les Poissons" is really a strange but very comical song. When I first listened to it in the movie with my cousin, we couldn't help laughing very loudly. "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is a wonderful song too, it reflected Ursula's ambition. "Kiss the Girl" is a lovely song too, Sebastian's performance and the chorus are great!

Besides all these songs, there is something that made the movie so great, the scores. All these scores are very beautiful, the musical instruments in the scores have been placed perfectly. The scores made the movie very dramatic. I love the track "Main Title" very much, the principal melody in this track is that of "Part of Your World". It's really beautiful, feels just like Ariel's magical stories. The track which I can't help listening to over and over again is "Happy Ending". I always be attracted by the chorus at the end of this track. "Now we can walk, now we can run, now we can stay all day in the sun..." Some other scores are glorious too, and some of them feels just like symphony.

I think that this soundtrack is one of the best of Disney. All the songs were performed by wonderful leading vocals and lovely chorus, all the scores are very beautiful. Well, some of my friends consider that Disney movies and music are only for little kids. I don't agree with this absolutely. Because I think Disney music have not only kids' innocence but also adult thoughts, music in "The Little Mermaid" is a good example. This wonderful soundtrack can be accepted by kids easily, and can be loved by many adults. So, if you're a Disney fan or a person who love music very much, this glorious soundtrack shouldn't be missed by you!
on 6 October 1999
If you like Disney movies The Little Mermaid is my personal favourite. The music is full of fun and happiness and singing. The second half is filled with orchestral music so it's great for young and old alike. If you are ever in a bad mood this CD is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face!
Bernadette Compton
on 8 September 2014
This CD is the only one available to feature all the songs from the film in performance order, without any original material added for padding. In that respect, its worth every penny.
on 3 July 2009
I love this CD, every song, and I was so glad to find on Amazon (via another seller), as I had lost my original cassette of this, and I couldn't find it with Peter Andre singing "kiss the girl" and the bonus song Mysterious Girl. Fantastic CD, my favourite film!
on 3 November 2004
To tell you the truth I only bought this cd because I wanted to fill up my shopping basket in order to reach the free delivery offered by amazon. I had wanted to buy it anyway but I jutst never got round to it. I am a big disney fan and this one was a perfect addition to my collection.
Anyway, enough about me. This is a good cd. It has all the songs from the film and also most (if not all - im not sure!) of the backing to all the action in the film. My favourite part of the score has to be when Ariel leaves her father and marries eric in the end and hugs her dad. Has me in floods of tears every time.
There are songs at the end by Peter Andre, the last one being that most annoying if not frustrating of songs titled "Mysterious girl". Thats the only real boo boo on this cd (unless of course you like that song, in which case I wonder why your still alive! ;-) ).
The only other downside (which made me remove one of the stars ) was the fact that in some of the music score there isnt the speaking. It gets quite irritating when you hear a bit that you know and you think the words are coming but they dont, and then there is just a space (well I find that irritating, I dont know about you).
Overall though, a good cd. Not the best music cd from disney, but if you are a disney fan like me then this is a must!
on 14 July 2004
I have been a huge fan of 'The Little Mermaid' since i was a little girl. To complete my adoration of the movie, i decided to buy the soundtrack to go with it. It is by far the BEST soundtrack i own. It has all of the favourites from the movie such as 'Under the Sea,Part of your world and Kiss the Girl.' It also has the score by the composer Alan Menken. It is a definite must have for fans of the movie and should be owned. Make it "part of your world" and buy it today.
on 9 July 2011
This is another classic Disney soundtrack. Since the original single-disc release is only available now for import at a much higher price, this release is preferable. Be warned, though, the first disc is identical in content to the earlier release, no additional material, not even a token remastering. It's still an excellent buy, and a must for fans of Disney musicals. Although the first disc is truly magnificent, I have knocked a star off the rating thanks to the terrible covers on the second disc. They're all done by artists who appeal to tweens and only tweens, anyone who has experienced puberty can see them for the obnoxious manufactured puppets they are. Hell, Miley Cyrus did a decent cover of Part of Your World (and that's about the only positive thing I can say about her), and of course that cover is absent. However, I cannot recommend this set any higher, it's a beautiful score punctuated by great songs, and for such a low price it's a surprise Disney were nice enough to include an excellent frisbee as an extra little gift.