on 26 July 2017
Poor - CD boxed smashed.
on 1 June 2017
:-)
on 14 November 2009
The Lion King has always been one of those musicals that I've always known about but not really thought of seeing. However, after seeing the show, I was completely blown away. One of the best, if not THE best musicals I have ever seen. Whenever people come out of The Lion King they tell everyone how amazing it was and I always wondered what it was that made it so good. Well now I know. And, unfortunately, it cannot be put into words and I simply can't explain it to you. However, what I can tell you is that you will not regret buying this soundtrack. The music truly captures the soul of the Musical and although I've heard some people say it's like the film but not as good, I have to completely disagree. There's an atmosphere to the stage version that wasn't captured in the movie, and some of my favourite songs from the Musical aren't even in the film as they've added loads of great new songs just for the stage adaption.

Seriuosly, words cannot express how amazing this show and this score is, but now I understand why this show's been in London for 10 years and is still bringing in a full house on a regular basis.

In short: BUY IT. NOW. DON'T HESITATE. IT'S WORTH IT. AMAZING.
on 15 April 2015
playing this CD just brings back all the brilliant magical feelings of watching the show,don't think I will ever tire of it.
Photo's create memories but with music you can transport yourself back & see it all again. good value for money that!
on 6 May 2006
Having recently been to see the London production, I felt that I should edit this accordingly. This CD is amazing! The magic of The Lion King has obviouly been brought to the stage in a way that none can comprehend. The music is just as brilliant, if not better, than the soundtrack from the film, and also includes many songs that were not in the film. The most striking of these, I find, is "He Lives In You." This is such an amazing song, in my opinion the best of the whole CD. It is one that I found myself listening to over and over again, never getting tired of it! It is truely the heart of the CD! However, this doesn't mean that the other tracks are terrible. From the hugely brilliant "Circle Of Life" to the beautiful "Can You Feel The Love Tonight," nothing here fails to please! Every single track gets a 10/10, and you will never regret buying this!

The musical itself is mesmorising. From the very first note of Rafiki's chant in "Circle Of Life", I was captivated. The music is one thing, but the whole atmosphere and electricity of watching the show play out, to music you already love, is a truely unforgettable experience. Will I see it again? Absolutely! This is, and should only be, an introduction to the musical, or something to remember the show by. But I guarantee you, if you go to see this musical, you will most definitely want to go again. If you've been to the musical, buy this so you that you'll never forget it, if you haven't, then you will certainly want to after you've heard this. This is Disney at its best, and it's a truly magical best that you will not want to miss!
on 7 January 2007
when I first listened to this CD, I didn't enjoy it, compared to the original sound track from the movie and the west end production of it. However, after listening to few of the songs I found it was really interesting. I feel there are some really beautiful songs, and really enjoyed listening to it. It is not the west end production (as clearly stated) but the London Theatre Orchestra and Cast have done a brilliant recreation of the films sound track, I would deffinately recommend buying it.
on 4 December 2012
Saw TLK at the Lyceum Theatre earlier in the year, and it was brilliant. After debating a little between this and the movie soundtracks, I bought this one, and I'm glad I did. Some of the songs are new additions to the story ("The Lioness Hunt"; "Chow Down") and "They Live/He Lives In You" is brought over from TLK 2/Rhythm of the Pride Lands. Some of the other songs ("Grasslands Chant") contain music and lyrics from background songs from the original film.

I would have loved this even more if it was the UK original cast singing, but I guess there wasn't much point in releasing two English-language versions of the same songs.
on 28 November 2008
I am a huge fan of Lion King since I was young, but only recently had the chance to catch the Lion King: Musical at Lyceum London. I already heard the good reviews from friends and colleagues, but nothing can prepare you for this experience! I have never really been a huge fan of musicals, but if there's one musical you ever catch, make sure it's this. Breathtaking sets and costumes, fantastic acting, powerful music and vocals, awe-inspiring coordination, choreography and directing are just some amazing elements of this musical. This leads me to the life of any musical...the songs. The original Lion King's songs are already classics in any standards (winning the Oscars, Golden Globes and what not)...but here, reinvented and given a breath of fresh air...it's a different kind of perfection. I thought the extra infusion of African sounds, and more kinetic rhythms perfectly suited a live musical adaptation of the animated version. The songs really capture the emotional moments, the highs and lows of the characters...which I believe was what made The Lion King so successful. At the end of the show, looking around...I saw both children and adults wide-eyed, clapping thunderously and continuously until even after the curtains closed. Just a note, this show has been performed to sold-out crowds in West End since being introduced here in 1999, and I found difficulty even getting tickets for this screening! You've not watched a musical until you've watched The Lion King: Musical.
on 16 July 2006
i have been to see the stage show three times and every time it becomes more and more magical. there is nothing that can top it, or the original film. the music has much more of an african influence on this cd but that just makes it better. listening to the circle of life still sends shivers up my spine even after the 100th listening. you must buy this cd if you have seen the show, and even if you havent then it will make you want to see it. proof that even perfection can be improved!!!
on 4 August 2000
The magic of the most spectacular musical of all time is captured on this CD. Although I haven't seen the Broadway production, it still brings back terrific memories of the London production. There is more emotion in the songs than those in the film and the addition of such beautiful songs as He Lives In You and Endless Night (which doesn't seem as first like a special song but then grows on you) helps this become the best theatrical score. This CD contains some of the most atmospheric and well-written music (helped by the terrific orchestration) from Disney or musical theatre. If you have the opportunity to see the show, go! if not, buy this CD, it is rarely out of my CD player.