on 6 March 2017
Mine broke quite fast and didn't stay charged long. Better to just get a normal one with rechargeable batteries.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 November 2011
If you find this review helpful ... please click the little "yes" button below.

I bought this flashlight to use while walking the dog on winter nights. It looked to be small and light, and I liked the fact that I could just wind it up and go. Once it arrived, I realised that it's not actually that small (a little smaller than a packet of cigarettes) but it's not bulky, and it is very light.

Performance is excellent. I wound it for 30-seconds and left it on to see how long it lasted. After an hour, I was impressed. After two hours, I was seriously impressed, although the light produced was not particularly bright. After four hours I was amazed when the LEDs were still illuminated. The light produced was not massively bright, but it was enough to read a map with. If it was used (for example) as a marker ... it would still be visible from a long way off even after such a long time. After five hours, with the LEDs still glowing away (albeit quite dim), I finally turned it off.

Overall, a very good buy.
on 2 September 2010
The torch is comfortable to hold and easily fits into your pocket. The light is also quite bright. Just keep in mind that the size and intensity of the light aren't suitable for long range purposes but perfect for short range purposes.

However winding up the torch can prove to be a nuisance to yourself and others around you as it's very loud.
on 9 January 2012
It's not often you need a torch, but when you do you need to have one that will give you light.In the past when I've come to use a torch it needs a new battery!Since buying the Proteam this situation does not arise, as a few seconds of winding provides plenty of good light when you need it most.Every home should have one of these!!
on 17 May 2009
This torch is as stated in technical details.
Nice and soft,the torch beam is quite bright for the size.
A good buy, I have purchased several as presents.
on 22 February 2014
Only used this torch on 3 occasions, so it's difficult to assess it's long term use.
Negative first: found it was somewhat difficult to use wind up mechanism, and did not want to break mechanism, but once I found out that you just had to use some force, everything was fine, Nd it was probably me, rather than the torch.
Positives:
Small size means it easily fits in hand/pocket
Very bright LED lights, very fit for purpose
Light weight
For the price, I find it's an excellent accessory for when you occasionally need a torch
Also, I love the fact it does not need batteries, good for the environment!
on 9 April 2012
I bought two of these little torches and they are great. The light lasts a long time just on one wind up and of course, they are so handy. I had to order two because they are such a handy size for my husband to lose - but he is so pleased with the torches that he hasn't lost one yet! Wind up torches are so 'green' too of course because we aren't buying and then throwing batteries away all the time. If anyone is in doubt about these, I suggest that you give them a try - they give such a good light for such a small torch and the value for money is brilliant.
on 26 February 2010
This may be small, but it gives a very good, long lasting, light. Ideal for the handbag, or for packing to take on holiday. I bought a larger one at the same time, and the mini gives a far better beam.
on 23 March 2014
The wind-up handle broke within two months. I also found the on-off switch quite stiff. It slides up and down but when picking it up in the dark my thumb would just slide over the switch. Mine arrived in a jiffy bag without any instructions - not that you need much, just something to say how long to turn the handle for how much use?
on 18 March 2012
I bought three of these torches (two extra ones to keep as stocking fillers for my grandchildren). I've used wind-up torches before but this one beats the lot. It is easy to wind, is small enough to slip in the pocket,or handbag, and gives a good light. But above all, it is so tactil - made to fit the hand and the "soft touch" claim is certainly accurate. It feels great, you just want to hold it. (Well done the designers).