Customer reviews

Sing The Sixties
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 24 November 2017
good mixture of my old songs used for making my picture movies
on 29 July 2017
replace records and tapes
on 2 December 2017
on 14 November 2017
thanks for lovely music
on 4 September 2017
on 31 January 2016
on 8 April 2015
i am so pleased with this
on 26 June 2017
Love their music and love the song selection. Case was cracked upon arrival but the disc was fine.
on 27 March 2013
Hated the music have given it away hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it ....
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 October 2010
Mick Foster and Tony Allen have recoded a series of double albums each with a theme, this one focusing on the sixties. As with subsequent albums, the songs are cover versions, some specially recorded for the double CD while others are taken from their earlier albums, but all of them suiting their easy listening style. Here, there are songs that I rarely hear elsewhere although they were big hits in their day, notably Little arrows, which became a big hit for Leapy Lee, and the folk song Black velvet band, but there are also plenty of songs that I've heard on numerous occasions by several different artists.

On this album, there are several medleys, but subsequent album in the series do not contain any medleys. I'll confess that I'm not over-keen on medleys generally, though I've heard some great ones. I prefer to hear songs in full. On this collection, most of the medleys sound fine, though I'm not keen on Where do you go to my lovely (the Peter Sarstedt classic) being included as the first segment of a medley. The original song is well over five minutes long, but most of the verses have been dropped here. Other songs lend themselves more readily to the medley treatment.

Overall, this is a great collection despite my misgivings about one medley in particular. Foster and Allen are not to everybody's taste, but I enjoy their music and if you are also among their fans, you'll love this too.