on 18 June 2014
I bough an initial hose which was OK and then sent for another two for my sister and mother. How disappointed was I when the two hoses were leaky and had bits missing. Then when I was asked to return them for a refund and was given an address in China, not worth posting back as I was not able to confirm that they would refund the postage. I have since been and bought a much more expensive model from Homebase which does what it is meant to do and has a box and a guarantee. Beware of sellers from China as returning anything could be very expensive.
on 2 April 2014
The hose does exactly what it says in the advert. Great product and would recommend. Great for winter storage and reaches as far as it states.
on 11 April 2014
exactly as described. lightweight, no problems storing. excellent product
would recommend to friends and family. price thro Amazon approx 40% currently in Asda
on 13 April 2010
I bought two of these hoses and connected them together. I then unrolled the hoses around the garden, spray side up, and connected them to the water tap. In less than 15 minutes I was having a coffee while watching the garden being watered. Unlike another make I bought last year this one comes with a male connector at one end and a female autostop connector at the other end allowing you to connect as many hoses as your mains pressure will run and you don't have to go out and buy anything extra.
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2014
I love this hose. Nice and light and easy to pack away. The only problem for me is when I use the spray setting, so as not to damage my flowers, the hose shrinks up. I can only use the more direct sprays.
I've just ordered another two of these as I was so impressed with the first one I bought (my garden is a long thin odd shape).

It makes watering the grass effortless, and so long as the water pressure is not too high the hose will bend around gentle bends and can be laid out with a certain amount of curved zig-zagging to fit an odd shaped area.

Laid straigh out it covers just over it's own 9m in length and a good couple of metres or so width.

I've added a short length of garden hose to go in between the consecutive length of this sprinkler hose to allow tighter bends.

It should be noted, though, that it seems that this hose is no longer supplied with an 'Aquastop' type connector - on the tap end is a standard snap on female fitting but at the other end was a simple 'stop end' that screwed on/off.

A quick trip to the local garden centre got me an Aquastop end so that I can attach and detach the extra lengths of sprinkler hose I've just ordered without turning off the water.

If you want to add the 'bendy link', as I have done between a couple of lengths of this, you'll also need a couple of extra male and female hose connectors. However if the 9m length of this hose will do to cover your whole garden then the pack you get here will work straight out of the box.
on 9 May 2014
The first time I used the hose the outer cover burst away from the end at the tap and the inner tube expanded alarmingly
on 28 July 2014
Equipment delivered with what appears to have parts missing, as we cannot connect hose to nozzle. The instructions that came with the hose is very vague and does not give sufficient information on how to connect to the hose. All it advises is the male and female ends but they are both the same. Therefore I either want my money back and I will return hose or I need the parts delivered free of charge so I can connect system.
on 12 July 2014
I have only used it once but so far it seems to be "just the job".
I had one of those flat roll up ones before that was a kinking nightmare.
This seems ok though its to early to talk about longevity its certainly impressive straight out of the box its just so light and easy to store no more winding, , straightening, , winding, , straightening, , for that point alone its worth the money,, If You have an outside space or a car then You probably need one of these,,
One little point,, My one came without a tap on the end which means it will not expand unless You plug something in that can be turned of and of course water supply has to exceed demand of it starts putting itself away,
It slowly dragged My sprinkler across the lawn.. Which is actually a handy feature but could be annoying if You wanted it to stay put though to be fair there is little on the telly so hose chasing could become a new hobby , , possible even an Olympic sport.
on 12 April 2015
I bought this as I always found coiling up or winding up normal garden hose a pain and the constant kinking and the hardening of the material over a few months....aargh! Then there is the large storage space required.

So after using it I will try to do an honest appraisal using my engineers eye and try to answer some questions the reader may have along the way.

So construction, the hose consists of an expandable tube inside a fabric containment sleeve and works much as a inner tube does in a tyre, whereby the tyre contains the inner tube and prevents it from over expanding and rupturing as the tube will not take the full tyre pressure.

The hose works well and I found it to be very easy to use and a most impressive bit of kit, it truly does not kink or tangle, it does exactly what it says on the tin. It does however have limitations, most of these are durability related.
Firstly the connectors, because the inner sleeve has a very small bore when not containing pressure, by necessity the hose barb within the connector appears to be slightly smaller than the usual. This will affect the flow somewhat if using it without a nozzle, ie filling a pond ect. In fact it may be that the hose probably will not expand to its full capacity if there is not flow restriction on the end.
In practice however and with nozzle fitted, any loss of flow was not apparent as the connectors flow more water than the nozzle orifices.

To recap.....It should be noted that the connectors fitted directly onto the hose itself are NOT the same as the normal hose connectors, however they do connect onto normal hose fittings, so it will plug into a standard hose coupling.

The construction and durability.....

If you are the sort of bull in a china shop person that can break a Sheffield steel cake slice by simply cutting a victoria sponge in two, then this
hose is not for you.
The outer fabric sleeve will abrade over time if used on rough concrete and allow the inner tube to bulge out and burst.
The hose assembly is quite delicate and will puncture and tear readily if handled without consideration, it will not handle someone tugging hard to clear a snag, such as getting caught under a vehicle wheel and will tear the fabric containment; and tugging the hose over a sharp object will puncture it.

I fully expect to have to replace this hose every 12 months or so, but at less than a tenner delivered, no great hardship.

These flaws are not a result of poor build quality, but as a direct result of the very design enables it to work as it does.
If you have read this review and feel able to put up with the limitations and are the sort of person that takes reasonable care, then you will be happy with the hose.

i have just ordered a second one to keep on the boat as the ease of storage and use far outweighs the disadvantages in my view.