Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector
Size: Standard|Colour: multicolour|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 January 2016
Most die-hard Star Wars fans will love this product: after all, it's a well-made Yoga figure which speaks and whose lightsaber illuminates with a rather familiar green glow. Very cool.

The motion sensor works reasonably well and you won't have to worry about battery life as this little guy must be connected to an energy source (most likely a laptop) at all times to function.

There is a switch which enables you to turn it off completely and silence it while still letting the lightsaber light up.

If it deserves a 4-star rating, I have to admit that I was tempted to remove 1 star for two reasons: 1. it's not exactly a 'protector' as it won't do you much good if you are away from your desk, 2. the voices are really fun, but I couldn't listen to them all day long...
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 24 February 2012
Yoda USB Protector is fantastic and perfect for everyone who likes this tipe of toys .

Size :
the basement is a circumference with a diameter of 9,6 cm , the height of the basement is of 2,5 cm .
With the yoda model the toy reaches the total height of 16,5 cm.

Weight : I measured it and i found a weight of 180 gr.

USB : the cable is 1,3 m long and is very thin .

Power :
- connection to usb ports of the pc , it works with usb 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0
- directly to electric power with a usb power adaptor , the same you use for charge ipad , smartphones and others to charge them directly with electric power without using the computer.

Sounds and Lights :
the sound of the lightsaber is perfect , the same that you hear in the films or in the cartoons , and it's volume is very good and powerfull . The same thing for the voice of Yoda that is perfect and you can understand perfectly what he says .
You can close it , use only lights of lights+voice , there is a little key under the basement .

I tried it and i found that its capacity to see your movements and responds with lights and sounds is very good .

Overall : The toy is very beautiful , sounds are good and it seems tough , not easy to destroy . So I suggest to buy it .
on 1 May 2013
I am a "big boy" Star Wars fan. My recent purchases from Amazon included at first the R2D2 talking money-bank at a fantastic price.
When I saw the reduced price for Yoda desk protector I couldn't resist.
Overall delighted with my choice.
Arrived promptly from Amazon, in a nice package well protecting the figurine (I was worried mainly about the light-saber which seemed fragile as it extends significantly from the main body).
Ii came also with a nice "try me" usb device/module at the bottom (including its own batteries) in order to test it prior of buying (or in my case unpacking it).
The sensor is sensitive enough to "catch" you in each eye (nothing gets past Yoda).
The only "problem" is that the speaker under the figure where all sounds originate from (Yoda quotes and light-saber hamming), is a little bit loud for my taste. But nothing I couldn't fixed by covering part of it (around 3/4) with black insulation tape. For this reason I don't even reduce my rating as I don't consider it an actual problem.
If it had a button though to adjust sound level output I would have given it 6 stars!!!!!
But it if you find it at a reasonable low price and you want to make a gift to yourself or a fellow Star Wars fan.
on 2 April 2016
Boyfriend loved this! Although after the first month he didn't really bother with it anymore so now its just an another figure to add to his collection which is fine by me :)

I must say I did expect it to be a lot bigger than it was which I guess is the only downside to the product but overall I am still happy with the purchase :)
on 23 January 2014
This has to be connected to a computer to use which I didn't realise but then I don't know much about these things. It's really good quality for the price and the sound is great. my 7 year old loves it.
on 28 September 2016
I brought this as a Christmas present but it does have a try me button and I think the gift will be well liked, slightly larger than expected and well pleased
on 12 January 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas as he's a big Star Wars fan. After convincing him that it wouldn't be the end of the world if he took it out of the box, he proceeded to have a lot of fun with it. He set it up beside his bedroom door to warn of any Sith intruders that may try to invade his room at night. His dog hated the thing and fled from the room barking every time he accidentally activated it by walking in front of it. His little nephew loved playing with it though, and it kept him well entertained on Christmas Day.
on 21 January 2016
As a star war fan it definitely give you a good laugh. And because it has loads of different settings means when you plug it into I bring your laptop or something with a USB port you'll never get annoyed with that going off and on 24/7 plus the detail to the item was really good and it has a lot of little cool features
on 16 December 2015
Great gift for my gadget mad friend he loves it . Keeps all his work mates laughing. Good money well spent. Also he is mad on star wars so it was a win , win situation.
on 6 February 2017
Not bad, funny for the office however not many people find it amusing (Gits)

See one answered question