on 14 July 2013
Given to my son for his 10th birthday. It is rated for 8 year olds but we found it fiddly to put together and it has some ikea type issues with holes, though not unsurmountable.
Ultimately of little educational value unless your child doesn't know a battery and a motor need to be wired together to work, or your child has never seen a nut and bolt before.
The finished product works and provides a moments amusement. Unlike Spirograph, the robot doesn't produce results one would rush to frame and make into a card or poster.
This product attached felt tips to a vibrating motor with predictable results.
Two stars are my son's valuation because it could be put together and it works. Don't think it'll occupy him through the summer.
Overpriced for result/entertainment or educational value.
on 28 May 2015
Gave this to my grandson (he's 7) last Christmas and he's only just got around to getting it out of the box. That said he really enjoyed making the robot this half ter holiday and had immense pleasure watching his creation come to life!
review image
on 22 March 2013
First things first, If I have instructions I will do a very good job of what I am doing, so with that out of the way.
This GIZMO is the right word for it, you turn it on put it on 2 x A4 and watch it find and edge and make a mess, a 3 year old could do a better job, I am sorry but was money I could have spent on something far better.
on 9 February 2010
Bought as a secret santa present and went down a storm, would recommend for young or old
on 16 October 2015
Bought this for my 8 year old nephew and he loves it. He enjoyed assembling it and then using it. It draws pictures a bit like the sort of thing that you used to get from Spirograph but with much less effort required - just set it going and sit back and watch!
on 17 January 2012
We purchased this for our 12 year old daughter, she loves art and challanges. The instructions were very well written and the toy itself is good quality plastic. We also adjusted the legs on it and ran it without the pens.
on 25 November 2011
I bought this for my 5/6 year old nephew but after his mum assembled it it was crappy, did nothing, it turned on yes but didn't doodle effectively so to speak. fail
on 24 February 2013
I bought quite few of these type of toys for my sons stocking. Whilst the building part of the toy kept him interested and provided a challenge and fun the item once built is low quality and all of them broke after little use.
on 9 November 2012
Its ok, doesnt take long to build worth couple hours of fun. better than most of these kind of toys. At least it does what it say.
on 29 April 2014
Looks like a fun kit, but it came in Polish, I think. Totally not English, pretty darn useless. Be careful!

See one answered question