Customer reviews

on 4 March 2017
Bought for my son's birthday - didn't even last a day before the winding mechanism gave up. Massively disappointing. Fisher Price ought to be ashamed of this latest model, which does not bear comparison with the previous wooden version of my own childhood. Cheap materials and cheap parts - and a very sad toddler as a result. Pitiful product.
on 18 March 2017
Great old fashioned looking toy
on 29 June 2017
I bought this for my Grandson who loves our ticking clock, the description says the hands move to the smooth ticking of time, it doesn't tick. Very dissapointed.
on 9 September 2015
Grandson loved it, the music is soothing
on 16 April 2017
My granddaughter loves it. Arrived very quickly.
on 11 December 2011
I had this toy as a child and loved it as did my brother. We dragged threw it and abused it all through the 70s as only kids can. I lived well.
This said I must say that i haven't had it out the box yet as its a christmas present BUT this is the 2nd one i received. The first was damaged within the box and that is how i know to tell you that the build will not be as durable. It's obviously plastic wrapped in paper stickers (as they had been scrapped back by the retaining straps) it looks like it dents easily and the dial looks like a bit of flimsy piece of card.

Now for the good: It is still clockwork and NOT batteries required (unlike the FP classic record player) and it still plays the same original tunes.
I think if this was a totally new product it would have problems at this price and FP are obviously looking for nostalgics like me to fork out £30 for it

I will update or replace this once my 2 yr old has had it for a month. PS I'm giving it the 4th star with reservations
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2014
Not like the ones which were made of wood; these are lightweight plastic with stuck on graphics which come away at the edges. Definitely poor value for poor quality cheap materials. Would not have bought it. Probably worth no more than £10 at most.
on 16 December 2012
Good quality item, just as good as when I was a child. Still plays the same tune and still as robust.
on 27 December 2012
Had this clock as a child but this one isn't quite as durable or well made. The winder also seems quite flimsy. Expensive for the quality of the item.
on 8 February 2011
When I saw I could get the toy I loved so much as a child for my own children I was over the moon. So I was rather disappointed when it arrived. The casing was light and plastic-y. The revolving sun/moon disc was warped so it didn't revolve at all, and the tick-tock sound of the original toy does not exist in this one. My daughter likes to look at it and listen to the tune, but really, it is a very poor copy of the original. Still, she doesn't know that so it matters to her less.

See one answered question