I ordered this with some doubt that it could be much good at just under £15. The quality really is superb though - it's a solid piece of kit which is easily the same professional quality as those fixed to the walls 'back at the office'.

It arrived in perfect condition and fixing it to the wall was simple - lift off the corner covers (straightforward), mark the wall through the holes, drill, plug, fix and slot the corner covers back into place - even the plugs and screws are provided for you.

I needed this to replace the cork board we had in the kitchen (I was worried the pins would fall out and onto my 5 year old) and being magnetic, it holds thick layers of paper in place with some magnetic clips I got here at Amazon.

The whiteboard surface takes normal non-permanent markers and wipes off clean every time - my kids love it!

The shelf is aluminium and sits nicely in place - I've got four of the thicker pens (£1 in asda) but would recommend you get thinner pens as they'd sit neater on the shelf.

Highly recommended!
on 15 February 2010
The product writes and cleans easily and looks sleek and attractive. The thing that lets it down is that is isn't completely flat and it looks bumpy, it isn't a big problem but it does make it look its price. Still excellent value.

If you are worried about delivery, Amazon send it in a big box with lots of filling, so there is no chance of it being damaged in transit!
on 20 May 2013
I bought this on the basis that it could be fixed securely to the wall. The reviews I read said it was fixed with screws in the corners. However the one that arrived looked like the picture but had two rings fixed to the top. There were no instructions so I contacted the seller who confirmed that the board was hung by these two rings. It therefore couldn't be fixed securely to the wall so I returned it and received a refund. The service from the supplier was excellent so no problems with them but just disappointed that the item wasn't as described.
on 23 November 2013
My expectations of a "budget" magnetic dry wipe board with pen tray were not particularly high - I expected that it would be magnetic and that it would have a writing surface that could be dry-wiped, with a pen-tray and some kind of plastic border with edges as shown in the photo.

It arrived quickly, and was well packaged. Yes, it is magnetic. And it has a pen tray and a plastic border. The corners need to be taken off to access the mounting points, then refitted - and they don't refit very tightly (I suspect they may fall off if the process is repeated a few times - but after all it is a "budget" item - I can cope with that). The first one received had a dent in the writing surface, but Amazon Customer Services sent a replacement **extremely quickly** (I was very impressed).

When unpacking, if you are lucky there will be a sticker attached to the writing surface saying "Before used, please ripe off the plastic protecive membrane after cutting carefully around inside of aluninum frame with utility knife" (all spelling mistakes faithfully reproduced). This sticker is very firmly attached to the membrane and you can't miss it. However - WARNING - the sticker might not be there, and the membrane is so thin and so perfectly adhered to the writing surface that you really won't see it. All you'll know is that the "dry wipe" surface doesn't dry wipe, and dry-wipe pens don't write very well. Don't panic - just run a (very) sharp craft knife around the inside of the frame (this requires an act of faith - you won't realize you're cutting anything at all) and then use the tip of the knife to probe at the edge somewhere until you find you can lift up a tiny bit of very thin membrane. It's quite strong, so once you've got a tiny bit dislodged it becomes easy to pull the whole lot off. Then you'll have a perfectly good dry-wipe surface.
on 13 November 2014
Bit of a mixed bag this one. The board was received in good time and very well packaged. In relation to the product itself, my advice would be not to take what other purchasers have said in their reviews or answers as definitive, perhaps because the vendor changes supplier and the precise product spec varies? Mine came with the flat 'hooks' on the long edge to hang it, and there is no way to hang it easily in 'portrait' fashion. This is made worse because the pen tray is mounted on the long edge, and the aluminium profile on the short edges doesn't have the slot to accept it. I ended up taking the aluminium sides off (eight small screws) to allow me to remove the pen tray altogether, and also to fully peel off the clear film protecting the whiteboard itself. I then re-drilled the frame to allow me to move the hooks to mount the board in portrait. Contrary to another reviewers experience, it did not have a nice concealed hole in each corner with a little cover for the screw! Mine did come with three little black pens, the lids of which contained a magnet to allow you to leave it hanging on the board, and with a little board rubber is incorporated too (although one of these had an odd greenish grey powdery substance on it!). It also had a larger cheap and cheerful board rubber, and three round plastic covered magnets included in the package, but no instructions. The board did not have the lovely corners depicted in the photo - mine are rather bendy light grey plastic which don't fit especially well, but which serve their purpose I guess. This board was 'only' fifteen quid, so I wasn't expecting a top quality item from Nobo like the ones you will find in an office (as suggested by one reviewer). And it wasn't! However it is now on the wall being used, so, as the three star ratings indicate, it must be OK!
on 6 March 2012
Product is pretty good. Just don't forget that it doesn't come with the pens or eraser. It was well packaged and intact when it arrived. Only downside is it took about 2 weeks to arrive.
on 24 April 2014
This is about the size of an A3 bit pf printer paper which was perfect for what I wanted - a white board to write everything we have on for the week so my boyfriend remembers!! I highly recommend it! Just a note, this does not come with whiteboard markers so make sure you buy these too so you can use it straight away!
on 1 February 2016
I needed something to keep my goals in check daily and found this a great solution.

It has special holes so you can drill it into the wall and is slightly magnetic so you can stick magnets and temporary notes to it.

It doesn't come with the wiper but I found that using a kitchen sponge does the job :)
VINE VOICEon 8 September 2015
Great board purchased for one of my children as they love using to doodle and make notes and messages to each other. The magnetic option is great and we also have a magnetic board wiper too. There is a little pen holder at the bottom and the unit was easily attached to the wall and the screws then hidden by the corner caps.

Going strong, no problems at all and it's been used an awful lot!
on 16 November 2015
I purchased this board to generally keep to-do lists on. Post its just became too much.
I used white board markers on this and even they struggle to come off without leaving a ghost mark behind. leave the marker on for more than 15 minutes and it'll be a chore getting it off. It does offer hanging capability but I did not use it in that way. Eventually, I stopped using this as a white board and used it as a post it board instead.
I would recommend investing in a better quality one if you really need a whiteboard.