Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now pd pd Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 18 March 2013
Really wanted to like this as it's just what I wanted to film my dogs in the water .
Unfortunately the one I got was faulty straight out of the box , with flashing screen , no access to the menus and didn't' switch off again without removing the battery . Straight back for a refund .
Will not be trying another one .
on 6 February 2016
Great product. Works great under water.
on 11 February 2015
Spent a bit more and get a better one. Cheap looking product with not so good pic quality..
on 10 October 2014
delivered in super quick time
tested the functions ok took it to florida went in a pool less than 1 foot under the water and the whole thing filled up with water and hasn't worked since
I have had water proof gear before so I know it was set up correctly
just really badly built I guess
on 31 May 2012
My new camera broke after 3 months ,i don't know how but i was not pleased with the recharge socket which completely snapped off ,should i send it back for a new one.....also my flash doesn't work what a disaster ........i bought a separate 3 pin socket charger too recharge my battery......Ive never used it underwater.
on 14 January 2014
We returned this product very disappointed with the performance, it would not do what we wanted, the light was never right
on 31 August 2014
Lasted about a week then broke in water :/
on 24 October 2013
To amend my initial review. Stupidly I did not try the camcorder after unplugging it from charging. On Christmas day when opened it did not work the battery was dead and will not take a charge. Of course when you plug the charger in it comes on as soon as unplugged it goes strait off. Unfortunately having purchased in plenty of time before Christmas and not checking the the camcorder when unplugged I have gone well over 30 days and a chance to rectify it. I just received a new battery and when inserted the camcorder fires up fine. If buying this check the battery as soon as you get it.

I only received this a couple of days ago and it a Christmas present for my daughter the budding Spielberg. For the moment my review is limited.

Item deviled very promptly from time of order (next day). I received everything, including the battery (I was concerned after another review). It looks well built and when I plugged it in to charge it came on and seemed fine. I am just about to order a class 10 sd card, I held off ordering just in case I ordered an SD and it was actually a micro SD but it is an SD memory card that is required.

Build Quality looks to be solid and screen ok but as I said this is opinion formed on first inspection.

Having researched load of these many complain about performance, this can often be due to the memory. I have a good friend at Cannon who says that for high performance cameras and camcorders get the highest class memory you can afford. HE said a Class 2 is not fit for these type of devices and will not be able to write to the memory at the speed required, causing slow recording and the playback to be jumpy and poor quality. A 16gb class 10 SD card can now be found for £10 that is the option I will be trying.
One person found this helpful
on 15 April 2011
If you accept this product for it being a low cost easy to use video camera that has the ability to be used on a beach or in a pool, then it is seriously fit for purpose. If you don't want to run the risk of damaging or losing a top end camera on holiday then this does the job.
It worked easily out of the box very little need for instructions, I put an 8 GB SD card in and it gives 2 hours 30 minutes of record time. The picture is sharp and the hand grip makes is very steady to hold. it turns on very quickly when the screen is pulled out.
On the down side it is not brilliant in low light and the screen is difficult to see in direct sunlight, but even without really using the screen just by pointing it at someone it is easy to get them in the frame.
Picture gets a bit fuzzy on maximum zoom and the zoom buttons make a click on audio playback when used. Audio when played back through my HiFi was a lot better than anticipated and the camera captured sound at a considerable distance with no rumble or hiss.
It is a low cost video camera that works well. You wouldn't use it to shoot the next James Bond film but it does give good picture quality for the price and it is easy to use. The transfer of the Mp4 clips from the SD card to my notebook PC is simple drag and drop. It does all that I want it to do and its waterproof to 10 feet.
32 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2011
A cheap underwater camera that does what it says on the tin. Beware the product specification states 5m waterproof in some cases, but it is in fact 3m/10ft waterproof as stated on the box. Although I did exceeded the limit several times for short periods and it did not leak. The stills and video are of reasonable quality for this price.
The viewing angle is terrible. At a distance of 3 metres, it will capture a picture angle equivalent to a doorframes width. You have to judge distances carefully and with a screen that is barely visible it becomes impossible to get the shots you want.
The Li-ion battery life was good, though charging time is long. I had it on continuous use, underwater for an hour and a half with 1 bar battery life remaining. It took just as long to recharge.
The screen is useless and only good for playback. They would be better off putting a scope on the top for all the good it was and saving the battery life. It was only visible at certain angles, in certain lighting conditions. This has led to a lot of off center photos and video missing large portions of detail I wanted to capture.
I only bought this underwater camera because it was the only one available in shops. Kodak are now offering the C123 with better specifications (12mp, better screen, etc.).
If there is nothing else available, it will do what you want, with a lot of practice, for a cheap price. But these are your memories you are trying to capture, so aren't they worth a bit more cash? My advice is to at least try before you buy.
5 people found this helpful