on 17 January 2012
Bought the scanner for my small office and find it to be reliable and easy to use and it is very quick. The software is good too with various options on where to save or send the file and saved PDFs are reasonably small and good quality. Great for the money.
on 27 June 2012
The ScanSnap S1500 is a great tool to try to go as paperless as possbile. The quality, speed, and ability to scan double sided documents are all reasons this scanner is the one to buy. After receiving a glowing recommendation from another user of this scanner, I bought this and have enjoyed using it since then. Highly recommended.
on 15 May 2010
I don't usually bother reviewing stuff. But this is so good that I am going to. Bought this to scan a pile of papers I have at work. Really nice looking machine - compact and kind of fold away design. It is dead easy to use. I set it up with Windows 7 no problem. Then you just push the blue button and it scans at an unbelievable speed. It does take a few minutes to figure out how to change standard scanning settings - the paper getting started manual does not describe software at all. But once that is mastered it is awesome.

I have not had jamming problems and done about 50 or so documents (some pretty dog eared). Also scanned a stack of 6x4 photos in seconds. Why oh why did I not buy one of these two years ago. I would have saved so many pointless hours flat bed scanning stuff!
6 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2010
A good friend of mine recommended this product to me. He has the older version and also the one for an Apple Mac.

If it doesn't jam (that's my only grip) then it scans both side very quickly and efficiently, scanning in colour and only when there is information (i.e. not blank pages#. You can use its cataloguing #frankly, it's all just numbers) or you can 'Rename' the documents t something more meaningful. I have a flat bed scanner and this frankly is much quicker and more efficient.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2012
This is one awesome piece of kit. Works absolutely fine on Windows 8 (after installing from the supplied CD I was able to auto update online) The scanner feels very solid and high quality. I've just blasted through six months of mail, scanning directly into Evernote then shredding the originals.

It comes with a full copy of Adobe Acrobat Standard which must be putting a few quid on the purchase price - as I already own Acrobat it would have been nice to have the option to buy the scanner without this, presumably fairly expensive, option. I dare say I'll find a use for it somewhere though.
on 22 October 2010
The years I've spent feeding one sheet at a time into a scanner! This is a fantastic piece of kit. I've been using it for a month now to scan 20 years worth of paper files on to the computer and it's not put a foot wrong. It's a fantastic piece of kit which I highly recommend. It's quick, easy to use and a real time saver. Get one you won't regret it.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 August 2011
I was delighted with how compact the ScanSnap is, and how easy and quick to use. I hadn't realised that it scans both sides of the sheet at once!

The ScanSnap Organiser software takes just a little bit of learning but in any case you don't have to use it. It was very very easy to set up the virtual filing cabinets and drawers.

Highly recommend this great tool.
on 17 March 2010
This is such an incredible bit of kit, well designed, compact and works every time.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 December 2012
Small foot print, fast duplex colour scanning with simple user interface. Ideal for everyday needs of individuals or work group.