on 19 October 2011
This being the fourth book I have read in this series and I was not disappointed. This time Henry (the main character in the series) is visiting an old friend when the owner of a local theatre is murdered during the performance which Henry and friend happen to be attending. Henry sets out to solve the murder with help from the local chief of police. Many twists and turns. I would recommend you read the series in order to keep up with Henry's life and loves, but must say that even if picked out as a one off story it holds up very well. Also not to much blood and gore purely about the chase to find the murderer. Thoroughly enjoyable read. Have already downloaded the fifth part to read (kindle edition)

Drama in the Mother Lode (Henry Wright Mystery #4)
on 6 September 2012
I enjoyed the first 2 books in this series so i bought the rest -what a mistake! Once Henry met Gloria the whole book is liberally littered with 'sweetie' and Honey' - and another reviewer says - Pur-leeese!! It is just so un-natural and the detailed description of their love-life is totally out of order. It is supposed to be a mystery, not a male Barbara Cartland story.

The general story-line has already been told - the murder of a particularly nasty theatre owner who was embezzeling his own theatre and making constant use of the casting couch -with both sexes.

There were, in common with all of these books, several irritating spelling mistakes and grammatical errors (please put a double 'f' on the end of 'off' - there never one was as far as I remember). They become more irritating with the mushy story line.

The book is also extremely repetitive -retelling in every book, the layout of the house, the story of Henry's first wife and her death, how he came to Palm Springs, and lots of other detail that could be condensed. It seems to be used as padding.
I also read the last in the series but I don't know if I'll bother to read any new ones -except that it will be interesting to see if Henry ever does actually marry Gloria!!
on 5 March 2016
I have read all of this series so far and enjoyed them except for this one. Gloria annoys me in this book,she asks three questions at once and seems too hyper to me. I felt her character needed more work in the book. The plot was good but she ruined the whole thing for me.(Author no-one loves a perfect person.) I was hoping she became a murder victim too by halfway through.
on 6 August 2012
I am really enjoying this series of books about Henry Wright and would recommend them for a good murder mystery.

My one gripe is his new love Gloria - great he has now fallen in love again

BUT Sweetie and Honey in almost every sentence - PULEESE

No-one but no-one would do that all the time - its the only thing wrong with this book ....... even as you are reading their conversations it gets really annoying!!! Spoiling a good storyline.

They are a great couple and the duo solving crime together is good
on 27 September 2013
Another gripping, twisty, tale! I really want to meet these fictional characters, I want to eat dinner and drink wine with them (I like that) I want to live in California!! Love these books, thank you Mr Simon x
on 20 April 2012
Read the first of the Henry Wright books and immediately bought the rest.
They are well written with good characters and not overly bloodthirsty.
Will buy any more from the author.
on 5 November 2013
Another good read. The story is well written and the characters have become more well formed as we get to know them better. Not my favourite in the series but enjoyable nonetheless.
on 25 November 2014
Once again Albert Simon has had me not wanting to put this book down. Suspense from the word go. Well done
on 3 December 2015
Bought but not a success